Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The reality is governments can do a gentle redistribution of wealth, hoping that the wealth will go where it is intended and the known negative consequences are not worse than anticipated and unforeseen negative consequences do not arise.

The problem is, the UK is in a far worse economic situation now than we were in 2010...

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-stop-kidding-ourselves-rich-nation-gone-bust

Isn't that the equivalent of saying "they are all the same"? ie, the outcome will be the same no matter who is in power.

Depressing thought.

multitool

Isn't that the equivalent of saying "they are all the same"? ie, the outcome will be the same no matter who is in power.

Depressing thought.

Not really, because it depends on the intended direction of the flow of wealth. For example, it seems quite clear that the pandemic was used as an opportunity to put large amounts of public money into the hands of the wealthy.

The point I was making is that there is no easy panacea to the issues the UK faces.

But that does mean that bad government is an impossibility either.

Not really, because it depends on the intended direction of the flow of wealth. For example, it seems quite clear that the pandemic was used as an opportunity to put large amounts of public money into the hands of the wealthy.
Streeting and his backers will ensure that continues.

The point I was making is that there is no easy panacea to the issues the UK faces.
I’d like the party I vote for to actually believe that change is possible and worthwhile. I’d prefer them to at least be ambitious and fail to achieve rather than give up in advance.

Because of that and their cowardice regarding Israel I will almost certainly vote with my convictions - Green - and prepare for disappointment.

C R

Über Member
You didnt even read it, did you.

He went for the headline that would get him the tory like headline. There's no redeeming context in the article.

multitool

He went for the headline that would get him the tory like headline. There's no redeeming context in the article.

He doesn't write the headline. The interviewer doesn't even write the headline. Do you know absolutely nothing about how press interviews work?

Besides, you didn't even read the interview, did you. You just leapt at the headline and started squawking like a headless chicken.

D

Deleted member 49

RIP Dawn Foster....☹️
Screenshot_20231210-181831.png

C R

Über Member
He doesn't write the headline. The interviewer doesn't even write the headline. Do you know absolutely nothing about how press interviews work?

Besides, you didn't even read the interview, did you. You just leapt at the headline and started squawking like a headless chicken.

As I said, what he says in the article just expands on the theme of the headline. As headlines go this one is very accurate when it comes to describe what he said. Heirs to Sunak is the most charitable thing that can be said for your lot.

Top Bottom