Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
I'll give you 'Thatcher-Loving' - Thatch-praising might have been more accurate.

But for the other accusations you'll have to show your workings, I'm afraid.

They are your accusations, therefore the onus is on you to prove them, and not me to disprove them.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
They are your accusations, therefore the onus is on you to prove them, and not me to disprove them.

I just went back & checked - and you definitely challenged my (hyperbolic but demonstrably correct) assertions. Traditionally if one is to do that, then one should be prepared to provide some support for that challenge.

But I suppose if it looks like a cop-out, walks like a cop-out & quacks like a cop-out it's unlikely to turn out to be a Dwarf Cassowary, is it?

multitool

Pharaoh
I just went back & checked - and you definitely challenged my (hyperbolic but demonstrably correct) assertions. Traditionally if one is to do that, then one should be prepared to provide some support for that challenge.

But I suppose if it looks like a cop-out, walks like a cop-out & quacks like a cop-out it's unlikely to turn out to be a Dwarf Cassowary, is it?

Nope. I called bollocks on it. I can't prove a negative. You have to prove what you say is true by providing evidence.

I can, however, understand why you are reluctant to do so.

Xipe Totec

Nope. I called bollocks on it. I can't prove a negative. You have to prove what you say is true by providing evidence.

I can, however, understand why you are reluctant to do so.

I fear you may be confusing 'being able' with 'being arsed'.

But I might have been interested in how, for example, Sir's assertion that Scotland, no matter how it votes and no matter how positive the polling is, will not, under any circumstances, be granted his permission to hold an independence referendum, and that he may even consider legislating to make Scottish independence unachievable - how that does not, in your view, constitute a denial of democracy.

I guess I'll just have to wonder though. :smile:

Reactions: C R

Mr Celine

Scotland extending all the warmth, cordiality and welcome befitting of a kid starving, Thatcher-loving, democracy-denying, backstabbing genocide apologist.

Makes you proud.

Keith gets some slagging on this week's Breaking the News (Radio Scotland's version of R4's News Quiz).

One panelist thought that saying he admired Hitler would have been easier for Scottish Labour to deal with than his admiration for Thatcher. :okay:

multitool

Pharaoh
But I might have been interested in how, for example, Sir's assertion that Scotland, no matter how it votes and no matter how positive the polling is, will not, under any circumstances, be granted his permission to hold an independence referendum, and that he may even consider legislating to make Scottish independence unachievable - how that does not, in your view, constitute a denial of democracy.

The argument is whether an SNP win in a general election constitutes a desire for independence on the part of the majority of Scots, which was Sturgeon's claim. Of course, the truth is the majority of people (about 60%) do not vote for the SNP, so it is pretty clear that democracy is not being denied.

Of course, in the intervening period, Sturgeon has resigned amidst the stench of corruption andLabour have just won a by-election.

Next.

Piss off you Tory knob.

IMG_4158.jpeg

OK, my supervisor went and ran the lab in Singapore for a few years so bring it the f*ck on.

I have no doubt that important lessons can be learned from other countries but I predict that what he’s actually talking about will turn out to be creeping privatisation rather than real investment.

Xipe Totec

The argument is whether an SNP win in a general election constitutes a desire for independence on the part of the majority of Scots, which was Sturgeon's claim. Of course, the truth is the majority of people (about 60%) do not vote for the SNP, so it is pretty clear that democracy is not being denied.

Of course, in the intervening period, Sturgeon has resigned amidst the stench of corruption andLabour have just won a by-election.

Next.

Explain how it is democratic and fair for Starmer to assert that there will be no second referendum under any circumstances, and that he may consider legislating to prevent independence ever happening. Those were the questions, not your opinion about the SNP and an ex First Minister.

So off you go.

multitool

Pharaoh
Explain how it is democratic and fair for Starmer to assert that there will be no second referendum under any circumstances, and that he may consider legislating to prevent independence ever happening. Those were the questions, not your opinion about the SNP and an ex First Minister.

So off you go.

Its a counter-factual. Come back when it isn't 60% that she against the SNP.

Re Streeting. Pointless of him to compare a country with the population of Yorkshire that runs a mix of private and publicly funded health services, but can afford to partly because it doesn't pay citizens other benefits like UC or disability payments (as far as I can see). We could fund a magnificent NHS and have low tax like Singapore if we got rid of every other benefit and abolished the minimum wage, but most of us don't really want that.

Reactions: C R

Xipe Totec

Its a counter-factual. Come back when it isn't 60% that she against the SNP.

So you can't. Because of course you can't.

Look - it's OK (just about) to want Starmer to win a forthcoming GE because he's Not The Tories - plenty of folk are in the same position as you, if I still lived in England I know it'd be that or drawing cartoon cocks on my ballot for me. But this relentless insistence that he's not a thoroughly awful politician, utterly principle-free, disingenuous & completely untrustworthy, willing to chuck anyone under the bus & align behind the grimmest of positions & policies if he thinks there's a sniff of a vote or a grubby donation in it?

I'm convinced you know as well as I do - as well anyone on here who can't stomach the man does - how disgusting he actually is.

Top Bottom