Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Placeholder for Newf and Adam to fail to learn lessons, and keep banging their heads against the wall, expecting a different outcome.

I don’t expect a different outcome but I’ve reached a point where Starmer compromising everything to win power yet declaring he will change nothing has lost any appeal it may once have had.

Pragmatism only has value if it is a means to a worthwhile end. Futile as it may be I’d rather vote for a lost cause than be an enthusiastic cheerleader for more of the same.

Ian H

Guru

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Absolutely not voting for a party with a potential health secretary who tweets like this with such utter contempt for people voicing concerns. Use of the term 'brigade' in this context is a right wing red flag no?

View: https://twitter.com/wesstreeting/status/1736340134176395429?s=19

I don't see anything wrong with the "what we might learn from other Countries" bit, but, living in a Constituency with massive majority, it makes little or no difference which way I vote.

C R

Über Member
I don't see anything wrong with the "what we might learn from other Countries" bit, but, living in a Constituency with massive majority, it makes little or no difference which way I vote.

He wants to learn from the US, which doesn't bode well.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

It's the tone of the tweet I take issue with and due to that I have zero interest in its content. I live in a marginal constituency and I genuinely have no idea whether Labour are interested in my vote or if they've written it off. They're certainly not going to get it by being condescending pricks.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It's the tone of the tweet I take issue with and due to that I have zero interest in its content. I live in a marginal constituency and I genuinely have no idea whether Labour are interested in my vote or if they've written it off. They're certainly not going to get it by being condescending pricks.

I don't do tweets, so, if you had not drawn it to my attention, I would have been in blissful ignorance (a not uncommon state) ;)

multitool

Pharaoh
I think Streeting is having a weary dig at all the headless chickens on social media.

You know, the sort of people saying that Keir Starmer is a war criminal.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I think Streeting is having a weary dig at all the headless chickens on social media.

You know, the sort of people saying that Keir Starmer is a war criminal.

Well I think he's being a prick and his party ain't getting my vote. So... is his strategy working?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom