Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I have made the point several times in this thread. Do Labour want or need my vote? It's not a rhetorical question. I want to know if they've factored in losing a seat to the Lib Dems and calculated that it's a price worth paying to gain from the Tories.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Pharaoh
That's why I f*cking asked.

What is the price of 'your vote'?

You've just said that you won't vote for Labour because Streeting objected to a misrepresentation of him on social media.

Would him agreeing to not objecting to misrepresentations of him on social media be what it takes to win your vote?

winjim

What is the price of 'your vote'?

You've just said that you won't vote for Labour because Streeting objected to a misrepresentation of him on social media.

Would him agreeing to not objecting to misrepresentations of him on social media be what it takes to win your vote?

I don't think I did say that. And I'm not wondering how they could win my vote, I'm wondering whether they want to.

multitool

Pharaoh
Have you had a look at the donations he has declared as an mp?

If I was a patient, and had a choice of where to access health care, I would choose France, and most definitely not the US. (It goes without saying I wouldn't seek UK care).

Both private systems, but one ranks first in WHO rankings, and the other 37th, despite overall spending being greater.

That he intends to privatise the NHS.
I think he does. Not wholesale, obviously, but by a continuation - perhaps even an acceleration - of the balkanisation we have seen over the last couple of decades. He’s not as smart as he thinks he is and the multi-billion dollar corporations he will have to deal with will eat him alive.

If I was a patient, and had a choice of where to access health care, I would choose France, and most definitely not the US. (It goes without saying I wouldn't seek UK care).
This all seems a little onanistic.

winjim

I'm not sure what's particularly onanistic about wanting to discuss electoral strategy in a thread about a party leader's vision on a forum dedicated to news and politics.

Is it just me?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I'm not sure what's particularly onanistic about wanting to discuss electoral strategy in a thread about a party leader's vision on a forum dedicated to news and politics.

Is it just me?

I doubt it, as I understand it, it is widespread, perhaps, even universal ;)

bobzmyunkle

Both private systems, but one ranks first in WHO rankings, and the other 37th, despite overall spending being greater.
Perhaps the implication is Wes should be in bed with the French healthcare companies rather than the Americans?

Top Bottom