Telegraph and Express. Your Whopper of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
Down with unelected Lords.
Someone needs to tell the Daily Mail that Sunak has just picked a Lord as Foreign Secretary.

IMG_2631.jpeg

monkers

Guru
Down with unelected Lords.
Someone needs to tell the Daily Mail that Sunak has just picked a Lord as Foreign Secretary.

View attachment 5005

Reminds me though that I agree with Braverman on one point - she helped a previously rejected and unelected multi-millionaire become PM and appointer of an unelected government. An unelected monarch then approved. The very idea that Brexit was needed to regain the sovereignty of the the people is beyond any parody act that Gilbert and Sullivan could have written.

Where is that big reset button that we desperately need? Does anyone think for a minute that Starmer would dare press it? Yet the electorate will likely vote for Starmer as we are that desperate and the fear-based FPTP system affords no other choice.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Business as usual though I doubt they need to crank up their wide climate scepticism more, it already looking like blatant lobbying.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Their best yet. One for the waverers.

'Only Donald Trump can save the free world'.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
'In an internal announcement, Hugh, who has led the Telegraph’s drive to more than 1 million print and digital subscribers, said it had been an “honour and privilege” to lead a group of titles that had “such an impact on society and democracy”. '
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...uk-government-prepares-takeover-investigation

I guess there is a lot of truth in that 'impact'.
I am guessing that things have gone a little too dodgyd so he deemed it safer to just get out.

Top Bottom