The Civil Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...axe-90000-civil-service-jobs-to-fund-tax-cuts

Is this just another poorly thought through headline grabber? (Yes, mostly.)
Is it yet another way to replace payroll staff with contractors and shovel cash into the coffers of the usual suspects such as Serco, Crapita et al? (Yes.)
Is it reasonable to expect the remaining staff to do more work at the same time as suffering an effective pay cut? (No.)
Will it improve the timeliness or quality of the service being delivered by departments from DVLA to HMRC to Criminal Justice? (No.)

I should declare an interest - I am a Civil Servant, although I’m not sure if they want rid of me or not.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I should declare an interest - I am a Civil Servant, although I’m not sure if they want rid of me or not.

Have you tried being a bit more efficient?

D

Deleted member 49

Definately a case of "if you think things are sh1te now....wait until we get rid of more"
I'm guessing all the delays such as DVLA and Passports is because all those lazy feckers are sat at home watching daytime tv ? Might aswell get rid of a few,that'll solve something.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...axe-90000-civil-service-jobs-to-fund-tax-cuts

Is this just another poorly thought through headline grabber? (Yes, mostly.)
Is it yet another way to replace payroll staff with contractors and shovel cash into the coffers of the usual suspects such as Serco, Crapita et al? (Yes.)
Is it reasonable to expect the remaining staff to do more work at the same time as suffering an effective pay cut? (No.)
Will it improve the timeliness or quality of the service being delivered by departments from DVLA to HMRC to Criminal Justice? (No.)

DVLA and HMRC and "service" are not compatible, in my experience.

D

Deleted member 49

Do you think removing one in five of the staff will improve things
Maybe lay off the cheese 🙄
Johnson.... "Working from home doesn't work
In my experience you make a coffee, go to the fridge, hack off a piece of cheese and walk very slowly back to your computer"

All uphill

Unless I am mistaken lots of tasks were unnecessary at a national level as they were being done at an EU level ( eg trade deals) or were reduced by having no borders with EU countries.

Who is going to do these jobs now we have repatriated them?

I'd be worried if I thought this bunch were capable of carrying a plan through beyond a soundbite.

It's cloud cuckoo land....

Govt. Screws economy with Brexit in addition, more red tape is required for trade. Minister for Brexit success (who's private business is offshore in the EU for tax aviodance) makes Civil Servants redundant to save money.
From the graun:
Rees-Mogg was touring the broadcast studios to announce a new drive to cut 90,000 civil service jobs – apparently hoping we’d forget that not long ago the government was telling us it needed to hire 50,000 more people to process, you guessed it, Brexit paperwork.

It's really time to take to the streets people....

Last edited:
Top Bottom