The Coming Storm - Podcast by Gabriel Gatehouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

About the rise of QAnon. BBC Sounds.
Very interesting for those of generally naive about a this stuff. Well presented.

There are some scary and furrked-up people out there....
If you consider that 20% of the US population believes they have either had sex with or been abducted my aliens, QAnon is par for the course.

slowmotion

Did the aliens enter the country illegally? That is the material point, or possibly immaterial point.
I can't see this piddling little effort presenting much of an obstacle to a traveller from Planet Zog......

Attachments

• Trump wall.jpg
    Trump wall.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 12

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Part of the problem is that other groups are tempted try the same tactics:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-us-style-militias?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Going beyond peaceful demonstration, not good, unless... you happened to agree with "The Cause'......

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
Piers Corbyn is clearly a very stupid man.

I sincerely hope the arguments around vaccine effectiveness can be presented without either censorship or aggravation or indeed ridicule.

Obviously social media can be a very poor platform for reason, but suppressing debate gives credence to stupidity, and so the worst of reactionary instincts tend to fester. I think it was a huge mistake to go down the censorship route, by blocking videos in particular. If an argument is bad, then answer it with a better one.

Johnno260

Regular
It’s the growing Sovereign Citizens here that royally annoy me.

And common law constables and the common law court.

stowie

Re-listening to the podcast now - I listened before Christmas and it was worth a second go. There is so much going on and quite a complicated series of events for anyone not embroiled in the murky world of the 4/8 chan etc.

An interesting parallel drawn with the 15th/16th C. witch mania attributed to a book written by a lunatic which was spread throughout Europe by the use of the new invention of the printing press. This new invention seemed to spark around two centuries of burning people and superstition, hopefully the internet doesn't have quite the same effect.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Re-listening to the podcast now - I listened before Christmas and it was worth a second go. There is so much going on and quite a complicated series of events for anyone not embroiled in the murky world of the 4/8 chan etc.

An interesting parallel drawn with the 15th/16th C. witch mania attributed to a book written by a lunatic which was spread throughout Europe by the use of the new invention of the printing press. This new invention seemed to spark around two centuries of burning people and superstition, hopefully the internet doesn't have quite the same effect.

Well we already have the "twitter storms", and various Social media "ills", is hounding someone to self harm or suicide much different to a witch hunt (in terms of the outcome, ie death or injury of an innocent individual). ?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru

Heretic...

1642495128364.png

Top Bottom