The farkwittery of modern life....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

I'm with @mudsticks on this....cars are for getting from A to B and I don't need any gizmos.My partners car is a 16 year old Honda with over 200,000 miles on it! Saying that it's got a built in Sat Nav 😁
Most annoying feature is the car locks itself after 30 or so seconds.I found this out at a Lidl car park when she phoned me too say "I put the keys down in the boot whilst putting shopping in"
Could you hop on your bike and bring me the spare key"
Anything dearest 🙄

mudsticks

Squire
I'm with @mudsticks on this....cars are for getting from A to B and I don't need any gizmos.My partners car is a 16 year old Honda with over 200,000 miles on it! Saying that it's got a built in Sat Nav 😁
Most annoying feature is the car locks itself after 30 or so seconds.I found this out at a Lidl car park when she phoned me too say "I put the keys down in the boot whilst putting shopping in"
Could you hop on your bike and bring me the spare key"
Anything dearest 🙄
All the tech is great..
Til it isn't.

In my ideal life I'd have no car at all, or maybe just an electric van for bigger deliveries.

And a leccy cargo bike for smaller loads.

My SO uses a lot of tools for his work, so an electric van, with trailer is probs on the cards for him one day.

From an eco pov, it's still generally considered better to keep the old jalopies going as long as poss, and drive them as frugally as you can.

For anything further, holidays etc I'd far rather go by train, when not cycling or walking ...

D

Deleted member 28

Crikey, you have to push a button? That must take you nearly a second. How will you ever cope?

Why buy/hire a car with that feature if you hate it so much?

Because the sad bastard spends most of his life alone in hotel rooms w4nking off to the latest Gaurdian article, somebody please quote me as he apparently has me on his ignore list.

icowden

Legendary Member
Ford Kuga display when you turn off the engine having at some point opened the rear doors...like to chuck yer coat on the back seat....
Sounds like you either have a very heavy coat or an overly sensitive pressure sensor in the seats...

icowden

Legendary Member
I will.

Although of course it is useless as I am also on his ignore list. He loves to hear different opinions, as long as they are same as his :laugh:

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b.jpg

icowden

Legendary Member
Also, if your battery runs flat, the bloody handbrake is stuck on so you can't bump start your car.
But on the plus side because the car is now computer controlled it's really hard to run the battery flat unless you have a problem with the alternator. It's not like you can leave the lights on any more.

presta

My last car was a 1986 Accord. It had aircon, ABS, and cruise control, which are nothing special now, but were quite upmarket compared to the likes of Cavaliers & Sierras etc. I used to love that car, but I never see anything on the roads these days that makes me want one.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Sounds like you either have a very heavy coat or an overly sensitive pressure sensor in the seats...

Checked that. Even if I put my bag on the floor rather than the seat I still get the warning. So it seems linked to simply having opened the rear door...

Top Bottom