The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Unless you are from Ukraine or have worked for the UK military in Afghanistan (and even then, you will probably be left to take your chances), there are no legal routes.

Here is Braverman, the actual Home Secretary and promoter of the Rwanda policy, being asked the same question and, like you, saying "I wouldn't know."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...asylum-seeker-can-apply-to-enter-the-uk-video

One advantage of living on an Island if you ask me, I assume there are no safe countries between their home country and here then?

My advice, get all your lefty mates together, vote the tories out and get someone in who'll open the doors to everyone without question.

See how we get on with that one.

One advantage of living on an Island if you ask me, I assume there are no safe countries between their home country and here then?
Should our Ukrainian guests have gone no further than Poland?

My advice, get all your lefty mates together, vote the tories out and get someone in who'll open the doors to everyone without question.

See how we get on with that one.

Do you think that a sensible policy can exist between completely closed borders and no borders at all? Border guards with a colour chart, maybe?

1185DC37-6D10-4E40-824B-19B437966630.jpeg

D

Deleted member 28

Should our Ukrainian guests have gone no further than Poland?

Do you think that a sensible policy can exist between completely closed borders and no borders at all? Border guards with a colour chart, maybe?

View attachment 2699

I think if that desperate the first 'safe' country should be looked at first, is it 'just' Ukrainians you're referring to or any asylum seekers?

I think if that desperate the first 'safe' country should be looked at first, is it 'just' Ukrainians you're referring to or any asylum seekers?

I was asking about all people fleeing danger and wondered if you thought there should be any distinction. Do you think we should base our response to crises (that we as a country have often caused) solely on geography? Or should we take advantage of our sea border and reject everyone?

D

Deleted member 49

Christmas present from daughter. I'm more amazed she bought it herself...."Dad everyone's got fake ID" 🙄
So last night it was cocktails and Detectorists...this morning it's "where the feck is the ibuprofen" !

Attachments

• IMG_20221226_161651603.jpg
    IMG_20221226_161651603.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1

Ian H

Guru
Earliest chance of parole?
We were entirely law-abiding. A Wotzap check this morning revealed that everyone was still alive & only D-i-L feeling the worse for wear. I discovered this afternoon that one of the girls in the other room had managed somehow to crash the Sonos system by unplugging stuff. Little buggers.

Top Bottom