The headlines today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Crofted Crest

A Tory MP said: “I thought today’s performance was the most embarrassing by a Conservative prime minister since last week’s PMQs."

I thought those 21 seconds when he just looked awkward and mumbled "Forgive me, forgive me" were quite touching. It's not enough but at least he showed signs of regret and contrition. It's a start.

Edit: first para added.

Last edited:

Archie_tect

Yay!! Go Boris!!

Please... just, go...

D

Deleted member 28

He is just a grotesque, shambolic, permanently inebriated wreck. It would actually be tragic to watch if he wasn't such a foul, corrupt, venal, disgusting excuse for a human being.
Can't see how people can have so much hate for someone who's so far removed from their everyday life as these politicians are that you do?

D

Deleted member 28

You hit the nail on the head there so to speak....
Like every Prime Minister in history really, they're just a person on telly with as much in common with the average bod on the street as the Pope has, why get wound up so much?

D

Deleted member 49

Like every Prime Minister in history really, they're just a person on telly with as much in common with the average bod on the street as the Pope has, why get wound up so much?
Because unfortunately it affects "the average bod" on the street a lot more than you seem to think ?

D

Deleted member 28

If that’s really true, why do you vote?
Someone has to run the country and people died in order that we vote so I respect that sacrifice.
You think you have much in common with the top politicians then?

You may have for all I know.

D

Deleted member 28

Because unfortunately it affects "the average bod" on the street a lot more than you seem to think ?
As I've said in the past, whoever has been in power hasn't really made much difference to me in real terms.

Always worked, never been on benefits and never been rich so whatever they do hasn't really changed much in my lifetime.

D

Deleted member 49

As I've said in the past, whoever has been in power hasn't really made much difference to me in real terms.

Always worked, never been on benefits and never been rich so whatever they do hasn't really changed much in my lifetime.
Yea I get that....I could quite easily say the same.But do you think as a country were in a good place ? Is it acceptable in such a wealthy country to have so much poverty.

Someone has to run the country and people died in order that we vote so I respect that sacrifice.
You think you have much in common with the top politicians then?

You may have for all I know.
I think I have very little in common with the politicians in power at present.

You're right, someone represents and attempts to affect the direction the country is steered. I was trying to understand why anybody that thinks it doesn’t matter would care who is PM or indeed engage with the process at all. If it makes no difference, why would people die to preserve the right to choose?

Top Bottom