The headlines today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

As I've said in the past, whoever has been in power hasn't really made much difference to me in real terms.

Always worked, never been on benefits and never been rich so whatever they do hasn't really changed much in my lifetime.
So if that's genuinely how you feel, why do you vote Conservative shep... rather than Labour, having seen how Johnson,and the rest of them do what they do- is it because you have always voted Consrervative? Did your parents? What is it about the Conservatives that you admire and like?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

Is it acceptable in such a wealthy country to have so much poverty.
It isn't, have any of them ever solved that problem though?
Were people not on the street during Labour's reign?
Why do the Tories keep getting voted in do you think?

D

Deleted member 28

So if that's genuinely how you feel, why do you vote Conservative though shep... rather than Labour, having seen how Johnson,and the rest of them do what they do- is it because you have you always voted Consrervative? Did your parents?
Dad voted Labour as he saw himself as a 'working class bloke ' who worked in a factory.

Didn't stop him buying his Council house though 🙄

I first voted in the mid '80's and voted Labour as I worked for the local council and my Dad probably influenced me somewhat but as I grew older I don't really think my views on society fit in with the average Left Wing views of the World to be honest.

D

Deleted member 28

Greed, mostly.
I guess I fit that mould as well, if greed means going to work to afford the things you like and provide for a decent retirement then that's me I'm afraid.

No one ever gave me anything and I've never asked for anything so I suppose I expect others to do the same, not always easy I know, but there appears to be too many out there taking the p**s.

D

Deleted member 28

Look at the idiots you vote for and the mess they’re creating and tell us it’s alright.
Life's pretty good in my World, what's yours like where you live under your government?

I guess I fit that mould as well, if greed means going to work to afford the things you like and provide for a decent retirement then that's me I'm afraid.
I do all that as well and have those same aspirations. Where we differ, I think, is that I place a greater value on my friends and neighbours - in the widest sense - having the same opportunities to do well too.

No one ever gave me anything and I've never asked for anything so I suppose I expect others to do the same, not always easy I know, but there appears to be too many out there taking the p**s.
Is it really true that nobody gave you anything? Who educated you and provided a level of healthcare and all the other services you needed to grow into adulthood? Who makes sure that your employer pays you an agreed amount each month, or that the pension you hope to enjoy will actually arrive as expected?

D

Deleted member 49

I guess I fit that mould as well, if greed means going to work to afford the things you like and provide for a decent retirement then that's
Nothing wrong with that.
No one ever gave me anything and I've never asked for anything so I suppose I expect others to do the same, not always easy I know, but there appears to be too many out there taking the p**s
That's a media headline at best....the great unwashed taking the piss on social ? The reality is the very ones you voted for are milking us dry.

D

Deleted member 28

Exactly this, hundreds of millions of pounds at a time.
Don't they all do it though, how much did Blair spend going to war?

I guess you were all living in eutopia during the last Labour run or were you whinging the same?

Top Bottom