The NACA Music, Art & General Creativity Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
'Pull off into Paradise'.

Janice Connelly, who played Mary who was on the bar in Phoenix Nights, doing her Barbra Nice Raffle show is a good fun night out. Very silly but I laughed a lot. If you're lucky you might win the bottle of Dettol.

mudsticks

Squire
That looks like the Phoenix.

It is.

D

Deleted member 49

Pulp last night in Manchester....great gig Jarvis has to be one of the best front men there is 😍
Screenshot_20230705-110843-850.png

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I like Jarvis Cocker a lot, although his show on 6 Music (Sunday Service I think it was called) I found really irritating.

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Pulp last night in Manchester....great gig Jarvis has to be one of the best front men there is 😍
View attachment 4147

Pulp were the only band to come through during the Britpop era that actually made me sit up & take notice - Jarvis is a superb frontman & lyricist.

For the most part his solo output wasn't really on the same level as the band at their best, but this moment of pure genius has never been more relevant.

View: https://youtu.be/xRGGbyZzuTg

D

Deleted member 49

Pulp were the only band to come through during the Britpop era that actually made me sit up & take notice - Jarvis is a superb frontman & lyricist.

For the most part his solo output wasn't really on the same level as the band at their best, but this moment of pure genius has never been more relevant.

View: https://youtu.be/xRGGbyZzuTg

Yea he's a genius....played exactly what the crowd wanted to hear last night ! Still play Different Class regularly,one of the best albums of that era.
Setlist from last night
Screenshot_20230705-183212-862.png

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I like Jarvis Cocker a lot, although his show on 6 Music (Sunday Service I think it was called) I found really irritating.

I tried that show and just couldn't get into it, though I've liked him when he's done other stuff.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I tried that show and just couldn't get into it, though I've liked him when he's done other stuff.

It's a weird one for sure. Played some good tunes on the show but he just came across as very condescending and a bit of a twat, which I don't think he is.

D

Deleted member 49

It's a weird one for sure. Played some good tunes on the show but he just came across as very condescending and a bit of a twat, which I don't think he is.
Heathen !
I didn't mind it,can't say I was a avid listener but it's a good few years ago now and don't really recall anything out of the ordinary.I find him sarcastic and generally funny.My partner has a few CDs of the show somewhere.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Heathen !
I didn't mind it,can't say I was a avid listener but it's a good few years ago now and don't really recall anything out of the ordinary.I find him sarcastic and generally funny.My partner has a few CDs of the show somewhere.

I dunno, one of those things I just didn't enjoy. Just didn't get on with his style I suppose? My faves on 6 Music have been Cerys Matthews, Craig Charles and Bruce Dickinson.

D

Deleted member 49

I dunno, one of those things I just didn't enjoy. Just didn't get on with his style I suppose? My faves on 6 Music have been Cerys Matthews, Craig Charles and Bruce Dickinson.
Yea love Craig Charles and the majority of the rest,I try not to overthink if I like them or not.Its usually a sort of background experience.
Ok I've thought about it,I don't like Huey Morgan's show.Nothing personal but can't be arsed with him.😁

Top Bottom