The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
And they have a duty of care to him, the other prisoners and guards.

Imagine having to deal with very complicated mental health patients in a normal prison. It would just be a disaster waiting to happen.

All uphill

And they have a duty of care to him, the other prisoners and guards.

Imagine having to deal with very complicated mental health patients in a normal prison. It would just be a disaster waiting to happen.

I have no experience of UK prisons, but I imagine a significant proportion of the prison population could be classified as having complicated mental health problems.

I agree with you that the duty of care must be very challenging for everyone concerned.

But "lock 'em up" still seems to get more votes than "reduce the drivers of crime".

• Sad
Reactions: C R

Ian H

Legendary Member
The razor sharp rhymes of our local newsprint bard skewer the Tories once more. Read and weep.
IMG_20240515_203434708_HDR.jpg

the snail

Egg on the face again of whoever is the Attorney General this week (Victoria Prentiss apparently).
Despite doing a Daily Mail and referring the sentencing of Valdo Calocane to the Court of Appeal for being unduly lenient, the Judges have thrown out the appeal saying that there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.

The victims as usual have not been properly supported leading to this:

It should have been explained to her that a hospital order is not lenient by any means, but it is the only appropriate method of dealing with someone who is mentally ill and who has been sectioned. He will be in a high security hospital and cannot be released without the agreement of the Justice Secretary. He is "in prison" in the same way that Ian Brady, the Krays and Peter Sutcliffe were "in prison".

But the Conservative party will take any opportunity to chuck a dead cat.

He was not guilty of murder due to diminished responsibility. People shouldn't be punished for being ill. In a lot of these cases the state is at least as guilty by failing to care properly for mentally ill people.

ebikeerwidnes

The important point is THE PLAN

and that LABOUR DOESN'T HAVE A PLAN!!!!!

Never mind that Starmer has explained his plan several time
and every time he goes into details - the Tories nick it and claim it was all their idea in the first place

but the important thing is to keep mentioning that LABOUR DOESN'T HAVE A PLAN!!!!!
whether it makes sense or not

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
I think Steve Bray won the first round with loud music while Sunak's suit got shinier and wetter and his voice got whinier and shitter.

albion

Guru
It is going to be a weird one. I suppose hear no one will vote Reform with Farage in hiding.
And Farage will get his knighthood if the Tories win.

Tanis8472

Regular
And this survey came with it 😡
The survey even has my name and address on so they know who hates them :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20240523_220821.jpg
    20240523_220821.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240523_220808.jpg
    20240523_220808.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Top Bottom