The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm honestly not sure: I was hoping a Welsh contributor could help?

It's Pepe the Frog, an Alt-Right internet meme, which essentially represents trolling/irony. On the sheep is the 'Crying/rage' face meme.

So I guess, Wales shagging an English sheep would be ironic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

It's Pepe the Frog, an Alt-Right internet meme, which essentially represents trolling/irony. On the sheep is the 'Crying/rage' face meme.

So I guess, Wales shagging an English sheep would be ironic.

The wonderful world of the Internet.

D

Deleted member 49

Agree…..but for a small nation, with part time clubs players, we did well to get there.
Wales population about 3.2million. Uruguay population about 3.4million and have won world cup twice.
Which proves the point size doesn't matter 😁

matticus

Guru
Wales population about 3.2million. Uruguay population about 3.4million and have won world cup twice.

Perhaps Wales should try kicking the sh... out of their opponents for the first half an hour? I will be reeeeelly happy if Ghana send URU home on Friday, just need a draw ...

D

Deleted member 49

Perhaps Wales should try kicking the sh... out of their opponents for the first half an hour? I will be reeeeelly happy if Ghana send URU home on Friday, just need a draw ...
Every credit to the ref....wanted to keep the game flowing 🙄

matticus

Guru
This world cup wins the supreme diving award. The refs are on a hiding.

I don't think it's much worse than the last 3-4 (remember Brazil - Ronaldhino? - holding his face by the corner flag??), just IMO. Sad to see though :sad: (and before the usual comments fly in, English players have had their moments too!)

What really saddens me is the crowds of players trying to intimidate the ref. It's probably also no worse than usual, but I'm really starting to notice it in Qatar- I thought there was an inititiative to stamp this out?? Chapeau to the refs though, they seem totally unswayed by this petulant behaviour.

D

Deleted member 49

I don't think it's much worse than the last 3-4 (remember Brazil - Ronaldhino? - holding his face by the corner flag??), just IMO. Sad to see though :sad: (and before the usual comments fly in, English players have had their moments too!)

What really saddens me is the crowds of players trying to intimidate the ref. It's probably also no worse than usual, but I'm really starting to notice it in Qatar- I thought there was an inititiative to stamp this out?? Chapeau to the refs though, they seem totally unswayed by this petulant behaviour.
When's the last time you watched a football match....that's how the game is played now.😲
Fouls though...Serbia/Brazil and Neymar out of the Tournament.I must have seen at least 8 fouls on Neymar without trying to look ? They need to be handing out far more cards to try and curb it.Yea there's the old argument that the better the player the more fouls they receive.But for Brazil to lose a player such as him is massive blow.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You are right, to a degree, that population size is not an absolute barrier to World Cup success.

But the World Cup has changed hugely in the 72 years since Uruguay last won in Brazil in 1950 and in the 1930 finals in Uruguay there were only 13 teams playing, by invitation, with only four European teams and no England.

The modern World Cup is a vastly different tournament and smaller nations have struggled since then.

This is not to say that Wales has not been a pretty mediocre team over the years, with just the occasional bit of success, but hopefully this might start to improve as the game gets a higher profile and rugby in Wales continues its slow decline. I think the days of using the excuse that rugby is our national sport are long gone with shrinking crowds at club rugby matches, an awful regional system, and, from what I see, many more football matches than rugby on our parks pitches.

Top Bottom