The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So who do Argentina play next? Is it Manchester City?

I think eitherTottenham or Spurs, one of those two....

Last edited:

matticus

Guru
I don’t watch a lot of football. When did the ceremonial winner’s negligée become a thing?

The black thing Messi was wearing? I've only just seen a picture. What the hell is that about?!? Everyting else about the ceremonials seemed, normal (for football) ...

matticus

Guru
especially this:
1671457805372.png

D

Deleted member 49

The black thing Messi was wearing? I've only just seen a picture. What the hell is that about?!? Everyting else about the ceremonials seemed, normal (for football) ...
the "black cape" is called a Beshth. Arabian warriors in the past used to wear it after a victory.
It’s also worn by members of the royal family & the gesture of the Emir of Qatar was to honour Messi as a warrior who won the World Cup for his country Argentina.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
What else you going to use a hand trophy for other than a fake Knob ?

Held by a real knob.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
All joking apart he won them the World Cup....knob or no knob 😁

As far as saving goals goes, not just the penalties, but a shot just before the end of extra time, he was excellent.

I really think that refs ought to cut down on the OTT, distasteful antics of, luckily a few, goalkeepers just before penalties, but also that top professionals should be able to ignore them and concentrate on kicking the ball into the right areas at the right speed. Sometimes the goalkeeper will get lucky with diving in the right direction but that should be a lot rarer than it was in a few penalty shootouts.

D

Deleted member 49

As far as saving goals goes, not just the penalties, but a shot just before the end of extra time, he was excellent.

I really think that refs ought to cut down on the OTT, distasteful antics of, luckily a few, goalkeepers just before penalties, but also that top professionals should be able to ignore them and concentrate on kicking the ball into the right areas at the right speed. Sometimes the goalkeeper will get lucky with diving in the right direction but that should be a lot rarer than it was in a few penalty shootouts.
Either that or you just step up cool as feck and put three penalties past him in the same match....

Top Bottom