The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Seems to me that people think that goal keepers should stand there like statues and just wait for the ball to be kicked at them......some of you on here are a farking joke and have probably never played football in your lives, let alone been a goal keeper. Martinez did everything within his arsenal to put players off and in my opinion was not over the top. He's a passionate top professional footballer in a world cup final, get a farking grip you bunch of morons.

matticus

Guru
Big fan of the Grobelaar spaghetti legs, and everything done since in the same spirit.
A lot of this stuff doesn't pass the
"What if everyone did it?" test.

Keepers used to try giving the ball to the striker, as an opportunity to get some more needle in: they stamped that out, so clearly everyone knows there should be limits.

I say Sin Bin them until the next pen. That'd stop it PDQ!
(Or give the striker an extra metre for each offence ... )

Likewise, outfield players mobbing the taker, and scuffing up the spot.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Sorry @Rusty Nails, but I can't agree with you there. Goalkeepers have just as much right to fanny about as their outfield counterparts.

Yes they may have the right (although that is a moot point as it could be covered in the laws as unsporting conduct), but having the right doesn't make it right.

The person in the crowded lift I mentioned earlier has the right to fart in it.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Yes they may have the right (although that is a moot point as it could be covered in the laws as unsporting conduct), but having the right doesn't make it right.

The person in the crowded lift I mentioned earlier has the right to fart in it.

Do I remember correctly that you were a goalkeeper?

I am sure you would never do anything unsporting just to gain an advantage. :angel:

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yeah, I played in goal. Also in midfield, and as a fairly terrible striker, briefly.

You've bought into some kind of hype if you reckon Martinez did anything that wasn't within the rules.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Yeah, I played in goal. Also in midfield, and as a fairly terrible striker, briefly.

You've bought into some kind of hype if you reckon Martinez did anything that wasn't within the rules.

Why did he get a yellow card? Law 12 of the laws of the game covers Fouls and Misconduct, including instances of what constitutes unsporting behaviour such as: verbally distracting an opponent, making unauthorised marks on the field of play, showing a lack of respect for the game.

No buying into hype at all. I thought it was not right when watching live and before reading anything about it.

It has happened, his team won and no Argentine (or Aston Villa) player or fan is going to worry about it.

D

Deleted member 49

Why did he get a yellow card? Law 12 of the laws of the game covers Fouls and Misconduct, including instances of what constitutes unsporting behaviour such as: verbally distracting an opponent, making unauthorised marks on the field of play, showing a lack of respect for the game.

No buying into hype at all. I thought it was not right when watching live and before reading anything about it.

It has happened, his team won and no Argentine (or Aston Villa) player or fan is going to worry about it.
It's a bit of a grey area.Throwing the ball away,talking shite to ref and pen takers ect...could of easily been a red.
More than likely learnt all those skills/cheats with his time at Arsenal 😁

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth

Law 12 covers a multitude of footballing crimes. Martinez knows this, played the game.

jowwy

his yellow was for throwing the ball away.....the rest happens. Your full of shoot if you think he did anything wrong

matticus

Guru
his yellow was for throwing the ball away.....the rest happens. Your full of shoot if you think he did anything wrong

Just out of interest ..
you don't think this player did anything wrong if he uses gamesmanship to distract an opponent. You don't think he did anything wrong when the referee decided to give him a yellow card...

What would qualify as doing something wrong, in your book??

jowwy

Just out of interest ..
you don't think this player did anything wrong if he uses gamesmanship to distract an opponent. You don't think he did anything wrong when the referee decided to give him a yellow card...

What would qualify as doing something wrong, in your book??

Gamesmanship as a goalkeeper is the only thing he has in his favour……..

i did say that throwing the ball away was wrong and he was rightfully booked for it, the rest in my book is fair game

Top Bottom