The NCAP Soccerball Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
Ooh - didn't realise this was happening: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63571254

"Having female referees at the World Cup helps send a positive message over women's rights in Qatar, says Stephanie Frappart.

The 38-year-old Frenchwoman will be the first woman to referee at a men's World Cup in Thursday's group-stage game between Costa Rica and Germany.

Frappart will be joined by assistant referees Brazil's Neuza Back and Mexican Karen Diaz Medina at Al Bayt Stadium, forming the first all-female on-field officiating team in the history of the tournament."

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Wow. That's surprising. I had assumed that having agreed to hold the World Cup in such a place Fifa had come to some agreement about not having female refs. I hope they get a massive cheer.

matticus

Guru
Wow. That's surprising. I had assumed that having agreed to hold the World Cup in such a place Fifa had come to some agreement about not having female refs. I hope they get a massive cheer.

Yeah, i was surprised; for the last 10 days it looked like the women had just been brought in to hold the subs numbers up!

D

Deleted member 49

Japan v Spain....Costa Rica v Germany
Flicking channels !

Cirrus

Japan v Spain....Costa Rica v Germany
Flicking channels !

It’s somewhat exciting

D

Deleted member 49

VAR....the curvature of the ball lol.
Why they can't just screen the pic straight away !

D

Deleted member 49

Withholding images looks very very bad. Variable Access to Replays. (But from what I saw of the J v S game, well played Japan.)
Second half Japan came into their own.Think I read they only had like 18 % possessions ? Anyway deserved the victory !
As for the so called controversial VAR...right decision but yet again a total bollox and crap for the fans there.

Top Bottom