The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

1663580662977.png

:laugh:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Understandably people have taken the opportunity of the Queen's death to make comments, sometimes sensible, sometimes petty and self-indulgent, about the Monarchy and the huge spectacle that has taken place, but the death of the old and the accession of a new monarch is undoubtedly a good time to consider whether the constitution of the UK should be changed and the Monarchy changed or abolished.

I believe that, to many people, especially the younger generations, the respect for monarchy is due more to respect for someone who has carried out that role for 70 years than to respect for the institution itself and I would support any political leader who would start that debate in the coming months.

Cirrus

Salty seadog

They're really dragging that procession out....

She's been going round the block that's for sure.

I'm no fan of the institution, it is the pinnacle of the class system designed to keep us ground down in our place.

Every one of us has a mother and I don't begrudge any family their grief.

As an aside I think the coverage albeit large has been drawn back from that of Philips passing. Which is nice.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
So this is basically a 2nd anti-monarchy thread…..as if one wasnt enough

Do you think this a reasonable time to discuss the future of the Monarchy, if not when will be?

By discussion. I would hope that there would be less of the self-indulgent 'humourous' jibes and regurgitated tweets, that add nothing of substance.

Top Bottom