The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I thought having the pubs and cafes open was disrespectful enough but the guy selling me an ice cream really topped it.

who said it was disrespectful???…….

Bazzer

My fish will have enjoyed the BH, although they wouldn't have been aware of it.
Having gone for a decent ride yesterday, I gave my main aquarium a leisurely clean. The snails which have been reproducing in there, not so much, as most of them now have to contend with the fish in my pond. And they like snails.
The circle of life, part of which was played out on the TV watched by Mrs B.
The roofers working on my house also managed to overfill a skip during the proceedings.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Joking aside, there were plenty of people out enjoying the countryside today and no sense that it was different from any other bank holiday. Blue John cavern was open as well which I thought might not have been the case, I know National Trust and English Heritage closed their sites but they're a bit more linked to the establishment. Center Parcs less so...

D

Deleted member 49

Went for a drive then a walk in the Trough of Bowland today... definately quieter than usual which was good.
No cafe or ice cream to be had which was bad.

I went to work this morning. Greggs was closed so I had some toast in the mess room.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
You need to work on the sense of humour.

many post from winjim have been against the monarchy and moaning like fark about it being on tv and being forced to watch it……i saw no reason to think he was being humerous on this occassion, as its no different to anything else he has posted about the situation.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I thought having the pubs and cafes open was disrespectful enough but the guy selling me an ice cream really topped it.

You found ice cream, cafes AND pubs. Lucky you. We went out cycling, but, no ice cream, no cafes. No pubs either, but, that might have been because we were out early. There were lots of dog walkers, and, cyclists. Spent the afternoon chopping wood for daughters log burner.

Mr Celine

1663617757991.png

The Bear Gates at Traquair House this afternoon. They were locked after Bonnie Prince Charlie left and won't be opened again until there's a jacobite on the throne.

Given that history I was surprised to see the replacement main gate also shut with a 'house closed today' sign.

Top Bottom