The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Do you think this a reasonable time to discuss the future of the Monarchy, if not when will be?

By discussion. I would hope that there would be less of the self-indulgent 'humourous' jibes and regurgitated tweets, that add nothing of substance.

I have no issue with the monarchy, so your asking the wrong person….as for the last part, this is naca, not a church

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I have no issue with the monarchy, so your asking the wrong person….as for the last part, this is naca, not a church

I was asking you as someone who posted on a thread about monarchy.

Julia9054

Regular
The future of the monarchy is not the only important discussion here.
It's also interesting to observe and discuss the role of the media (both mainstream and social media) since reporting has changed beyond all recognition since the last time a monarch died. And yes, sharing memes, jokes and tweets that highlight the ridiculous excesses is part of that.

jowwy

No point discussing something that wont change in my lifetime…and maybe many others on here.

Its just another place for clowns to past stupid memes, pictures, tweets and any other bullshit they spend their days searching for.

jowwy

Some prick just posted…….but not sure which one as i have so many on ignore

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
So this is basically a 2nd anti-monarchy thread…..as if one wasnt enough

Feel free to toddle off and start your own 'I Love The Taste Of Royal Boot' thread, dear.

It's everyone's forum, after all. :smile:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
We went out for the day to the Peak District with the kids. Driving out there was a fair amount of traffic. Parking at Mam Tor was a nightmare and there were crowds of people trying to get up the path. TBH I found it all rather inappropriate. I thought it would be nice and quiet with everyone staying at home so it all felt pretty disrespectful. Even the ice cream van was open which I don't think was entering into the sombre spirit of the occasion, although by the time we got there the queue had gone down.

Milzy

No point discussing something that wont change in my lifetime…and maybe many others on here.

Its just another place for clowns to past stupid memes, pictures, tweets and any other bullshit they spend their days searching for.

You’re bang on the money here. It would take a lot from parliamentary members to turn us into a republic nation. I’m having a wild guess at least 65% support the monarchy. I supported Liz but not such a fan of the whole institution. It maybe 100 years or so before it’s ever scrapped & possibly may just keep going on until the end of humanity. We can all piss & moan but we will be dead and they will live on.

jowwy

Feel free to toddle off and start your own 'I Love The Taste Of Royal Boot' thread, dear.

It's everyone's forum, after all. :smile:

I never said i loved them…i just dont hate them or see the point in discussing it.

Ian H

Guru
We went out for the day to the Peak District with the kids. Driving out there was a fair amount of traffic. Parking at Mam Tor was a nightmare and there were crowds of people trying to get up the path. TBH I found it all rather inappropriate. I thought it would be nice and quiet with everyone staying at home so it all felt pretty disrespectful. Even the ice cream van was open which I don't think was entering into the sombre spirit of the occasion, although by the time we got there the queue had gone down.

That begs so many questions.

jowwy

Maybe you missed the part in the news were they stated nothing needed to be closed, it was upto individual business to do what they felt appropriate…..

Top Bottom