The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Usual Wednesday pubrun found us at a community pub somewhere in deepest mid-Devon last night. I thought it was a quiz night but no - a village meeting discussing detailed roles and activities for the upcoming coronation. They seemed to be going all out to honour our new lizard overlord.

Meanwhile: Revealed: royals took more than £1bn income from controversial estates [Guardian link in case you're sqeamish].
Charles secretly lobbied John Major’s government to alter the Leasehold Reform Act so that residents of the Somerset village Newton St Loe would be prevented from buying their own properties from their royal landlord. Ministers backed down to “avoid a major row” with the prince. [etc].

Did you enjoy yourself?

icowden

Legendary Member
Charles secretly lobbied John Major’s government to alter the Leasehold Reform Act so that residents of the Somerset village Newton St Loe would be prevented from buying their own properties from their royal landlord. Ministers backed down to “avoid a major row” with the prince. [etc].
To be fair, they do need that money to pay for maintence, groundskeepers, valets, cooks etc cover royal events and pay off Andrew's under-aged girlfriends.

D

Deleted member 28

It's one of the best pubs we visit. 65k round trip for me (I went the short way), good beer and free chips courtesy of the landlord. We were in the corner away from the noise.

That's all that matters then isn't it.

I assume the 'noise' was being made by the locals that frequent the pub regularly?

Ian H

Guru
That's all that matters then isn't it.

I assume the 'noise' was being made by the locals that frequent the pub regularly?

Yup. It's one of those very 'local' pubs.
IMG_20230405_211441317.jpg

D

Deleted member 28

What a cheek! local people in their local pub arranging an event for the locals and not keeping the noise down when someone comes in who doesn't live round there!

I'd complain to the brewery if I was you.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
What a cheek! local people in their local pub arranging an event for the locals and not keeping the noise down when someone comes in who doesn't live round there!

I'd complain to the brewery if I was you.

Trying hard there Shep, but Ian H seemed to have no issues with the locals doing what locals do.

D

Deleted member 49

Trying hard there Shep, but Ian H seemed to have no issues with the locals doing what locals do.
Neither would I with a armoury on the wall.

matticus

Guru

Mostly ...
" I thought it was a quiz night but no - a village meeting discussing detailed roles and activities for the upcoming coronation. They seemed to be going all out to honour our new lizard overlord."

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Mostly ...
" I thought it was a quiz night but no - a village meeting discussing detailed roles and activities for the upcoming coronation. They seemed to be going all out to honour our new lizard overlord."

Tbf it was remarked on, not complained about. and could happen in many locals around the country, whether Devon or deepest urban Midlandshire.

Shep is probably in charge of the scooter parade and communications at his local's coronation pageant.

Top Bottom