The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
Can anyone identify the actual waste in the system.
How much money is being spent that wouldn’t be spent if we didn’t have a king?

Pale Rider

Veteran
My oh my, what a bitter, twisted and sour faced bunch of republicans we have on here.

The Queen is dead, long live the King!

Beebo

Veteran
All of them. It’s not just about the money.

That’s very honest of you. But it is all about the money, that’s what’s being discussed here. And the money part is the weakest bit of the argument in my opinion.

if you have a head of state, a load of castles and a requirement for people to open stuff, be patrons of charities and generally do the boring stuff no one else wants to do it is going to cost money whether we have a stupid hereditary system or not.

That’s very honest of you. But it is all about the money, that’s what’s being discussed here. And the money part is the weakest bit of the argument in my opinion.
My post was prompted by a story about money, granted, but the thread discussion was and is wider than just finance.
if you have a head of state, a load of castles and a requirement for people to open stuff, be patrons of charities and generally do the boring stuff no one else wants to do it is going to cost money whether we have a stupid hereditary system or not.
I don’t want any of that.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Why do we need people to do these things?, they are unnecessary and just an excuse for having a free feed and drink, with some fancy dress.

Top Bottom