The Queen / The Monarchy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stop twisting my words just to make a point.
Quoting, not twisting. As someone that prides himself on writing with a clarity that suits ten year old readers, how do you feel about such a clanger?

I suppose it's my fault for thinking you might have enough gumption to work out the opposing sides must, of themselves, be reasonable.
If you leave it for the originator to decide on what is reasonable I can't see that your idea of counting opposing complaints takes us forward, does it?

Pale Rider

Veteran
You weren't on anything decent with a big readership though, which means your expertise is pretty limited.

Yet again you demonstrate how little you understand about journalism.

But you are wrong if you think I'm going to bandy words about my time in the job with a weirdo stalker.

Stick to what you know about, although I've no idea what that it is.

If you leave it for the originator to decide on what is reasonable I can't see that your idea of counting opposing complaints takes us forward, does it?

It's not my idea, like it or not it is how it is done.

Moaning at me about it is a waste of time - get on to the director general of the BBC and tell him where they've been going wrong all these years.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I don’t like it for the reasons I explained. By any reasonable reading of your words you endorsed it, but I’m glad you have now retreated.

How on earth do you reach that conclusion?

I do endorse roughly equal complaints as a good indication of impartiality.

Can you not also grasp that I have no influence at the BBC, or is two contentions in one post too much for you?

I do endorse roughly equal complaints as a good indication of impartiality.
Which is where we came in. It’s a crap idea for the reasons already given, even if you now want the complaint receiver to discount any that it finds unreasonable.

Can you not also grasp that I have no influence at the BBC, or is two contentions in one post too much for you?
I doubt you have influence anywhere much.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Yeah, journos marking their own homework is a great idea.

Who else has the skill and experience to decide editorial policy?

You have slagged off the way it's done time and time again.

How would you do it better?

multitool

Yet again you demonstrate how little you understand about journalism.

But you are wrong if you think I'm going to bandy words about my time in the job with a weirdo stalker.

I understand that you were a nobody reporter on a nothing local/regional joke rag.

Do you know how I know that for sure? Because if you had worked for anything notable you would have told us, repeatedly.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I understand that you were a nobody reporter on a nothing local/regional joke rag.

Do you know how I know that for sure? Because if you had worked for anything notable you would have told us, repeatedly.

I could tell you a lot of things, but I don't answer to anyone on here, particularly a weirdo stalker.

Pale Rider

Veteran
As a journalist friend once told me: "The less they know about how we operate the better."

He was referring to barristers, but 'they' could be anyone, including a weirdo stalker.

Top Bottom