the UK is being laughed at

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

sooooo

Russia is OPENLY laughing at the UK
one of the major Western powers

Boris is being called confused

Liz Truss - fails basic Geography - IN PUBLIC to a a country that is basically on the edge of being an enemy
and is called an moron - or pretty close to it

and the headlines

PartyGate and other stuff

when the PM becomes the whole news he cannot do his job - which is to manage and control and publicise the actions of the cabinet ministers
but all that is obscured by the antics of Boris

so - after being the biggest of the Great Powers
we are now a laughing stock

because of Boris

or am I being OTT

You're not being OTT. You've no idea how the UK is being seen, and laughed at, out here in Asia.

Trying to join the Asia Pacific Trade Partnership after leaving the EU still has people shaking their heads muttering 'WTF?'

mudsticks

Squire
You're not being OTT. You've no idea how the UK is being seen, and laughed at, out here in Asia.

Trying to join the Asia Pacific Trade Partnership after leaving the EU still has people shaking their heads muttering 'WTF?'

Its no less than 'we' deserve.

Embarrassing, shambolic, victims of 'our' own bombast , and sense of 'exceptionalism'.

There's a tiny part of me - and I'll admit it's not the best part of me - that's sort of glad that we're having a mirror held up to show us what the UK has become.

Although, we and others will suffer for it, and that's not OK, particularly given this was largely avoidable.

And across Europe since the whole Brexit debacle and the rise of Johnson. Total bemusement at the rapid demise of a respected country, its people and it's importance on the world stage.
A great act of national self harm....

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Isn't this all good news? "Great Britain" built its wealth and power on slavery, exploitation, military and naval might, and other dubious practices. Now, it (Great Britain) is on it's way out. Sounds like natural justice to me? Am I missing something?

mudsticks

Squire
Isn't this all good news? "Great Britain" built its wealth and power on slavery, exploitation, military and naval might, and other dubious practices. Now, it (Great Britain) is on it's way out. Sounds like natural justice to me? Am I missing something?

There's more than a few of us that feel as if this is some kind of reckoning of that nature..

Unfortunately,, what you may be 'missing' is that the 'consequences' of our conceit will not be equally distributed will they ??

The ones at the bottom of the heap will pay the most..

As per.

Those insulated by privilege and wealth, much less so.

But then I guess you knew that already really didn't you ..

Last edited:

BoldonLad

There's more than a few of us that feel as if this is some kind of reckoning of that nature..

Unfortunately,, what you may be 'missing' is that the 'consenquences' of our conceit will not be equally distributed will they ??

The ones at the bottom of the heap will pay the most..

As per.

Those insulated by privilege and wealth, much less so.

But then I guess you knew that really didn't you ..

Yes.

Since I am not "insulated" by privilege and wealth, I am very much aware of it.

Yes, I think you may be. The people of GB that continue to benefit most from all that you listed will not be the ones to suffer the effects of the country’s decline.

BoldonLad

Yes, I think you may be. The people of GB that continue to benefit most from all that you listed will not be the ones to suffer the effects of the country’s decline.

Yes, I understand that, but, it is not all about the people of GB, or is it?

mudsticks

Squire
Isn't that how discussion occurs?

You asked if you were missing some thing .

I replied with what you had apparently 'missed'.

You then asserted that no you hadn't in fact missed that.

Round our way, we don't claim not to know something.

Then reply that actually we did already know that when the info is supplied.

That would get pretty tiresome, pretty quick..

BoldonLad

You asked if you were missing some thing .

I replied with what you had apparently 'missed'.

You then asserted that no you hadn't in fact missed that.

Round our way, we don't claim not to know something.

Then reply that actually we did already know that when the info is supplied.

That would get pretty tiresome, pretty quick..

Just because I "already knew" what you suggested I had missed does not mean there is not more to learn surely?

Top Bottom