This forum and the current state of affairs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I thought that the whole point of NACA calving off from CC was to allow the delinquents and malcontents a septic tank of their own to play in, unregulated by the nasty, bossy prefects. What exactly is the beef? Have you all spent too long in large public sector organisations and giant corporates with HR departments that indulge complaints like " Mummy, Mummy, that boy was really beastly to me"? I've never felt the need to IGNORE anybody. If they write something I really don't like I either reply, shrug my shoulders, or simply mutter " you stupid w@@ker".

Some sense at last…….

Rusty Nails

Country Member
This is a small forum but even so there are no more than a couple of posters who clearly have nothing to contribute to any discussion other than to shout abuse (not counting that very strange person who posted for a few minutes one night last weekend and has apparently now sobered up).

It is not as if their arguments actually pose any challenge to the (admittedly) left wing majority because they are incapable of any substantive contribution to the debate.

If the forum, which is the weaker because of the lack of rational contributions opposing the majority views,cannot handle having even a small number of such sad individuals, who actually take a strange pride in such behaviour, without sinking to their level then it really is built on sand and does not deserve to survive.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It is not as if their arguments actually pose any challenge to the (admittedly) left wing majority because they are incapable of any substantive contribution to the debate.
And there is the problem in a nutshell.

Any posters with a contrary view to the left wing majority have, before even posting, been written off by you as having no meaningful contribution. If your starting point is that someones view is wrong/worthless/pointless then how do you ever hope to hear those views?

Foodie put me on ignore, then has enjoyed telling us how much he likes hearing different and opposing views. It's back to the troll thing. When people who offer opposing views are called trolls and put on ignore what hope is there to hear different views?

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Any posters with a contrary view to the left wing majority have, before even posting, been written off by you as having no meaningful contribution. If your starting point is that someones view is wrong/worthless/pointless then how do you ever hope to hear those views?

Foodie put me on ignore, then has enjoyed telling us how much he likes hearing different and opposing views. It's back to the troll thing. When people who offer opposing views are called trolls and put on ignore what hope is there to hear different views?

Strange as it may seem to you I do not count you in that select few. I disagree with much of what you post but you do put arguments forward about the topic under discussion, as in your comment this morning about who exactly 'the bankers' are.

There are others on here that I would ask you to look at their posts and search for the meaningful contribution beyond criticism, very often personally abusive, of 'moaning lefties' and 'you lot'. I now look forward, in a keen state of anticipation, to hearing their political views and meaningful contributions to political debate.

There is a difference between insults, opposing views and trolling and unfortunately too often trolling is, and has been declared to be, the main purpose. Sometimes, sadly, the trolling can also go in the other direction as tit-for-tat.

I did put one of them on ignore for a very short while until I realised that it would not allow me to hear the very rare instances when they might join in with substantive arguments, so now I just read what they write, respond on those rare occasions and just ignore the rest. Works for me.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

As I see it, when folks are asked to back up their views, they're utterly incapable of doing so in the case of @jowwy who probably sees no posts on this forum because he's got everyone on ignore.

As it happens, I have time for reading alternative viewpoints, I find it interesting and informative.

jowwy

Just for ref: because some bitch is crying again...... I've only got 2 people on ignore and the reason being, i cant farking stand them. There are some i can tolerate just enough to read the constant drivel they post and there are others i quite like and find quite funny.

classic33

Just for ref: because some bitch is crying again...... I've only got 2 people on ignore and the reason being, i cant farking stand them. There are some i can tolerate just enough to read the constant drivel they post and there are others i quite like and find quite funny.
Some prick just posted…….but not sure which one as i have so many on ignore
Can't you even be truthful with yourself.
One of those statements has to be wrong.

jowwy

As another one of the bitches is crying…….i will note, that i have taken some of ignore since i made the original post of having so many on ignore, leaving just the two crying bitches. Which will never be taken off ignore, as life is too short to deal with such ignoramus’s ( if thats the plural, not really sure what the plural of ignoramus would be)

i believe it could be ignorami or ingnoramuses

Salty seadog

As another one of the bitches is crying…….i will note, that i have taken some of ignore since i made the original post of having so many on ignore, leaving just the two crying bitches. Which will never be taken off ignore, as life is too short to deal with such ignoramus’s ( if thats the plural, not really sure what the plural of ignoramus would be)

The most earnest of members of our company. We could all learn a thing or two from him. :okay:

classic33

The first one of your posts, quoted in my post, was from two days ago. You'd need to go back a month for the first example of you saying how many you have on ignore. Meaning that's not your original post that was quoted.

And, unless you are tapping at the base of the page on show ignored content, then the post doesn't show.

Top Bottom