Truce?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

The whole forum debate thing is totally pointless in my opinion, I use them for technical info usually for things that interest me such as classic motorcycles, scooters, volkswagens and obviously cycling.

It wasn't until I clicked on 'new posts ' one time and saw some idiot going on about kneeling down at football that I realised a whole new world full of people that argue with each other in an imaginary world.

multitool

Shaman
Weirdo stalker gets even weirder and stalkerish.

Not really. Just pointing out that your behaviour now is identical to what it was nearly two years ago during your last spell here, which was way before my time.

The common factor is you, not me.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Not really. Just pointing out that your behaviour now is identical to what it was nearly two years ago during your last spell here, which was way before my time.

The common factor is you, not me.

The only factor is weirdo stalking.

That my posting history is so important to you is just plain weird and stalkerish.

Ah, the Why Can't We All Just Get Along thread, edition #2,756.

Interesting Ms Claud felt the need to stamp on this thread within 10 minutes of if being posted.

One might be forgiven for thinking...perhaps not, let's not bother with thinking.

Ian H

Guru
The only factor is weirdo stalking.

That my posting history is so important to you is just plain weird and stalkerish.

Interesting Ms Claud felt the need to stamp on this thread within 10 minutes of if being posted.

One might be forgiven for thinking...perhaps not, let's not bother with thinking.

She expressed a certain scepticism. Was she justified?

Pale Rider

Veteran
@Pale Rider your posting history is relevant because you're one of the people this thread is asking to think before putting the boot in.

The irony that @multitool is provoking you isn't lost as he's the other main offender.

It's still very weird and stalkerish to post that screen grab of my posts.

Not least because a few lines in isolation doesn't tell anyone anything.

But as I said, let's not bother with thinking.

You are also a hypocrite because you regularly egg on the likes of Claud and the weirdo stalker with likes.

Thus you love to see me getting some stick, but then come on here to claim some sort of honest broker role, which is dishonest and hypocritical.

At least the weirdo stalker and Claud display a certain honesty in their nastiness - to mangle a line from Porridge.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Didn't you post on another thread, that 10 out of 11 of @theclaud's posts were about you? Does that not fall into the weirdo stalkerish category?

It would be a shame to just abandon this forum to the sandpit, as there are some genuinely interesting points and discussions beneath all the shite.

As an aside, back in dates of yore, I was a member of a completely unmoderated forum. It was a wild place, and probably because of a much broader user base hugely entertaining. Sadly things spilled over into the real world, it got taken offline only to return in the same format, but the damage had been done.

What relevance that has here I don't really know, but it was a lot of fun.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Does she need you to stand up for her?? :biggrin:

It's all part of the (non-existent) gang culture.

You are also a hypocrite because you regularly egg on the likes of Claud and the weirdo stalker with likes.

Thus you love to see me getting some stick, but then come on here to claim some sort of honest broker role, which is dishonest and hypocritical.

At least the weirdo stalker and Claud display a certain honesty in their nastiness - to mangle a line from Porridge.

As regards @theclaud I'm diametrically opposite you. She and I are in the same field politically albeit at opposite ends. She writes as I'd expect from somebody who probably has a degree in an academic subject. By all means disagree with what she says and present some counter arguments. Dismissing it as feminist claptrap or similar, with a side serving of contempt for her writing style doesn't constitute political debate.

I don't keep a tally of likes whether I'm giving or receiving. Often it's just a reflex to something I agree with or a point well made. That's certainly the case if it's amusing whether wry grin or ROFLOL level. I suspect if you've had some 'stick' that I've liked that will be why.

With the possible exception of a few replies to people like the unlamented Jowwy who seem to be trolling and wasting electrons I'm not inclined to boot the poster but rather to apply some facts and assessment to what's been said.

Why not let bygones be bygones and post stuff that addresses the subject?

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Does she need you to stand up for her?? :biggrin:

As I believe I've said before, I don't need him to stand up for me, but I do value solidarity from male friends and acquaintances in resisting or counteracting hostile behaviour towards women (or towards anyone else who seems to threaten a few fragile men's self-conception by existing or speaking).

I recognise that the members who call for cessation of antagonisms do so from a place of equanimity, but there's a touch of 'missing stair' about it when viewed from my perspective. Everyone just steps around the extremely obvious problem, and gets agitated by those who keep reminding them that the problem remains. There's no real solution to it, of course, as we're an offshoot of a platform where the mods colluded with it and have now washed their hands of the whole matter. But we must know by now that both-sidesing, and pleading for decorum from people who've been hurling the contents of their commodes at fellow members for around a decade, ain't gonna work.

Pale Rider

Veteran
counteracting hostile behaviour towards women (or towards anyone else who seems to threaten a few fragile men's self-conception by existing or speaking).

Don't kid yourself.

I am hostile towards your posts because I genuinely think they are often full of crap.

Your age, gender, nationality, etc etc has nothing to with it.

It's either crap or it isn't.

from people who've been hurling the contents of their commodes at fellow members for around a decade, ain't gonna work.

Don't forget to include yourself in that group.

Top Bottom