Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65067707.amp
'"The whole human layer has been wiped out. All Twitter has left are automated detections systems," a former senior employee said.'
'Without the team dedicated to fight coordinated campaigns, Twitter "will slowly become more and more unsafe," says Linvill of Clemson University.'

No exaggeration when you consider Musk sacked over 80% of Twitter staff.

Last edited:

matticus

Guru
However the BBC, as always, shy away from more correct headlines when reporting the far right. This it they use the usual none committal tone in the actual headline.

If they're so biased, maybe use a different news source? Perhaps just try a day without quoting the BBC, see how it goes?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Musk got away with lies when accusing the BBC reporter of telling a lie.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65246394

However the BBC, as always, shy away from more correct headlines when reporting the far right. This it they use the usual none committal tone in the actual headline.

I prefer the BBC to err on the non-committal side when reporting issues, whether related to the far right or far left.

If I want fully-committed, usually biased, opinions I will read the Mail or the Guardian, or watch GBNews...or, for the more hard-core full-on bias, read the posts on this forum.

Ian H

Guru
I prefer the BBC to err on the non-committal side when reporting issues, whether related to the far right or far left.

If I want fully-committed, usually biased, opinions I will read the Mail or the Guardian, or watch GBNews...or, for the more hard-core full-on bias, read the posts on this forum.

There is, pretty much by definition, no such thing as unbiased opinion. That applies even if you agree with it.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
There is, pretty much by definition, no such thing as unbiased opinion. That applies even if you agree with it.

I would agree with you if the argument was about the semantics rather than the gist of my point.

'Pretty much by definition' implies, pretty much by definition, that there is some possibility of unbiased opinion existing.

Ian H

Guru
I would agree with you if the argument was about the semantics rather than the gist of my point.

'Pretty much by definition' implies, pretty much by definition, that there is some possibility of unbiased opinion existing.
Theoretically. In practice, if you think it's unbiased there'll be someone else to contradict you. And vice versa.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
My opinion is that for all its flaws, the BBC is generally a pretty good source for news. When compared to other national broadcasters I think they have quite a lot more credibility.

Top Bottom