Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Veteran
Put it far better than I could, thank you!

Keep up the class war Andy. I bet you disagre with the fact that most crime comes from the impoverished as does most anti social behaviour.

icowden

Legendary Member
Keep up the class war Andy. I bet you disagre with the fact that most crime comes from the impoverished as does most anti social behaviour.
It's actually harder to gauge than you think. Violent crime tends to be more prolific in the less monied. If you have a good education and money you defraud people instead. Then when you are caught, unlike the impoverished youth who must rely on an overworked and underpaid legal aid Barrister, you have the wonga to pay for a top silk to represent you and hopefully avoid you being imprisoned.

Reductive statements like "rich people have fewer car crashers" are therefore pointless and don't advance the discussion.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

I dunno, a bunch of entitled twats burning £50 notes in front of a homeless guy seems pretty antisocial.

It's nothing to do with a class war. There are just as many rich dickheads as there are poor ones, as @icowden points out, they're just easier to victimise.

Semi legal fraud... You're just taking the piss now.

Bazzer

Most of the rich fraud is semi legal, the current government the most prolific at that.
Fraud is illegal.
Perhaps if the rich were less fiscally criminal, then the roots of crimes being committed by the impoverished and the anti social behaviour you referenced upthread, could be addressed by properly funded programmes?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
It is quite remarkably naive. Does he think that - even if a UN monitored vote was able to be run - that Putin would take the slightest notice of it?

I really don't see what he's trying to achieve apart from making headlines for himself and more enemies....

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
He tends to dive into stuff without thinking it through. Like his unfeasible plan to rescue the cave kids. It makes him look arrogant and a bit clueless. Then he wonders why people get peed off about it. 'Diving into stuff' is both a strength and a weakness really. If he thought things through he probably wouldn't be sending rockets to Mars.

icowden

Legendary Member
It is quite remarkably naive. Does he think that - even if a UN monitored vote was able to be run - that Putin would take the slightest notice of it?

In short, Yes. Musk has a diagnosis of Asperger's. His suggestion is practical rather than necessarily sensible. Satisfy Putin's ridiculous premise by having proper, open referenda supervised by the UN to categorically determine whether those parts of Ukraine are staying as Ukraine or whether they genuinely want to join Russia (spoiler- they don't). This gives a categoric decision to Russia as to whether they should go away.

What he won't have is any insight.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
In short, Yes. Musk has a diagnosis of Asperger's. His suggestion is practical rather than necessarily sensible. Satisfy Putin's ridiculous premise by having proper, open referenda supervised by the UN to categorically determine whether those parts of Ukraine are staying as Ukraine or whether they genuinely want to join Russia (spoiler- they don't). This gives a categoric decision to Russia as to whether they should go away.

What he won't have is any insight.

Nice as the idea is, it is total pie-in-the-sky stuff to imagine that a reliable referendum could be held in a place that is currently a war zone, where the infrastructure has been ravaged, that has hundreds of thousands or more either imprisoned or having fled the area.
It would take the agreement of both Putin and Zelensky and that is not going to happen, and the UN would not touch it with a bargepole without a complete change in the situation.

Top Bottom