Two-tier? JSO vs Dover protest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Squire
Re the original Wodehousian 'Blackshorts', here's the background:

https://hereford1938.blogspot.com/2011/08/blackshorts.html

I had forgotten Spodes's speech about the british knee.
 

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
Well, it would be nice if the police took the far right doing it as they do the far left. As it is, one is sometimes feeling like the police would like to join the far right thugs.

At least Mahmood has finally asked the police to please also enforce the law on the black shorts.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...y-police-curb-far-right-anti-migrant-protests

There's examples in the gender thread where aggressive (supposedly) left wing men dressed in black and wearing balaclavas were not in fact subject to police attention so I don't think it's a right/left thing. It mostly seems to depend on how individual forces have chosen to police events.
 

C R

Squire
There's examples in the gender thread where aggressive (supposedly) left wing men dressed in black and wearing balaclavas were not in fact subject to police attention so I don't think it's a right/left thing. It mostly seems to depend on how individual forces have chosen to police events.

Could you provide a link to any of those examples? Preferably one comparable to a large paramilitary looking militia marching in formation being allowed to scort males into female toilets.
 

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
Do you have a particular number in mind then as to when men in black bloc and balaclavas are to be considered intimidating? My number is zero.

57842977-10818703-A_trans_activist_and_a_woman_are_seen_during_the_clash_by_the_st-a-5_1652680...jpg


If it's wrong for one group of aggressive men to dress like that then it's wrong for them all, and it is wrong. You seem to think it being wrong only applies to ones you disagree with.
 

C R

Squire
Do you have a particular number in mind then as to when men in black bloc and balaclavas are to be considered intimidating? My number is zero.

View attachment 17197

If it's wrong for one group of aggressive men to dress like that then it's wrong for them all, and it is wrong. You seem to think it being wrong only applies to ones you disagree with.

First, I didn't say it was right that the police ignore one side, quite the contrary. Seems we are back in have you stopped beating your partner yet territory.

Second, can you provide a news report relating to the image?
 

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
https://www.dailymail.com/news/arti...ropped-flag-stood-masked-trans-activists.html

Screenshot_20260912_180505_DuckDuckGo.jpg


Screenshot_20260912_180436_DuckDuckGo.jpg


You've suggested that unless it's a large group of men marching then it's not such a big deal. I'd say that the general public find groups of men in black wearing balaclavas pretty intimidating regardless of numbers. And the police frequently don't do anything about such intimidating behaviour; it's not a left/right thing where the police support one side of the political spectrum but not the other.
 
Last edited:

C R

Squire

Blocking a statue is very different from scorting males into female toilets, which was your first claim, or marching in formation blocking access to a ferry terminal.
 

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
Blocking a statue is very different from scorting males into female toilets, which was your first claim, or marching in formation blocking access to a ferry terminal.

Where have I said that groups of men in balaclavas were escorting males into female toilets? Direct quote please.

I think the police should remove anybody blocking public access to places/roads that people are wanting to use, and that includes ferry terminals, statues, or highways.
You seem to think some should be removed, others allowed to do what they like.
 
Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
As a vague aside, it's a shame these black bloc dudes can't come up with their own thing. I wonder if they know the history of their look?
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

monkers

Pharaoh
As a vague aside, it's a shame these black bloc dudes can't come up with their own thing. I wonder if they know the history of their look?
I had no former knowledge of this incident, but the friend I'm staying with knows something about it.

This happened about four years ago or so apparently. I'm told that the young woman is known as LightninLex. She is, or so I am told, a well-known agitator / content creator. She photographs protesters and goads them looking for reactions for content. As soon as she get the reaction she wants she then pleads ''can I have some help here''. This was observed by a female police officer who told her to move along.

She took on these two individuals through choice, claiming that they were spoiling the view of the statue.

Addendum - Somebody just added this occurred at a Let Women Speak Rally. As I don't know for myself, I'm going to leave it there.

1789234312136.png
 
Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I had no former knowledge of this incident, but the friend I'm staying with knows something about it.

This happened about four years ago or so apparently. I'm told that the young woman is known as LightninLex. She is, or so I am told, a well-known agitator / content creator. She photographs protesters and goads them looking for reactions for content. As soon as she get the reaction she wants she then pleads ''can I have some help here''. This was observed by a female police officer who told her to move along.

She took on these two individuals through choice, claiming that they were spoiling the view of the statue.

View attachment 17201

Pretty standard tactic.

I meant more the black bloc look, which started life as a leftie/anarcho thing. I suppose it could be claimed that there's a righty/anarcho thing goong on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: C R

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
I had no former knowledge of this incident, but the friend I'm staying with knows something about it.
I'm told that the young woman is known as LightninLex. She is, or so I am told, a well-known agitator / content creator. She photographs protesters and goads them looking for reactions for content. As soon as she get the reaction she wants she then pleads ''can I have some help here''. This was observed by a female police officer who told her to move along.

How I hate this sort of thing, not that I witnessed it, but I'm talking about a tendency, and more inclined to trust a friend of an eyewitness. Social media culture stirring trouble for effect. Probably the cause of more strife than anything else these days. Feeds 'divide and rule' and ignorance.
 
Top Bottom