Two-tier? JSO vs Dover protest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

secretsqirrel

spiteful class warrior
Looking at these wannabe hoodlums from this angle made me think of Dad's Army, but without the professionalism.

View attachment 17150

That 7ft body builder at the back :training:
 

Pross

Guru
I wonder why these "patriots" are so proud that they have to hide their faces.
Actually, I don't wonder but I'm leaving a little wriggle room from my conclusion.

Being a patriot is dangerous work with all those illegal thugs in their country, running round with knives and all sorts so they need to protect themselves and their family (or something like that would be the excuse I’d guess).
 

AuroraSaab

Epic Member
I wonder why these "patriots" are so proud that they have to hide their faces.
Actually, I don't wonder but I'm leaving a little wriggle room from my conclusion.

Wearing face masks and 'black bloc' isn't unique to these demonstrators. It's seen in both left wing and right wing activism. It's meant to intimidate and, obviously, make identification of individuals harder on cctv.
I agree, it's cowardly. If you are there only to peacefully demonstrate within the law, there's no need to dress intimidatingly or hide your face.
 

Beebo

Legendary Member
It reminds me of the IRA in the 70s and 80s. Full balaclava and openly carrying guns.

The police wouldn’t dare intervene then either.
 
Top Bottom