USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
WTF is going on with George Santos?

If this happened in the UK he’d be straight out of office. How does their system allow him to get away with it?

Bazzer

WTF is going on with George Santos?

If this happened in the UK he’d be straight out of office. How does their system allow him to get away with it?
Trump pretty much institutionalised lying. I read the Washington Post identified >30,000 false or misleading claims made by Trump in 4 years. The Republicans turning on on a new member of Congress who has been less than honest about pretty much every aspect of his past, is going to look inconsistent to say the least.
Allied wit
h a wafer thin majority, and McCarthy being held hostage to MAGA Republicans, actions which may previously have been taken against Santos/Devolder within Congress looks unlikely. To the extent that reportedly he is to be appointed to two committees.

albion

Veteran
More 'charity'.

Trump's disinformation campaigns make him one heck of a traitor.

Bazzer

I can't see things improving in the near future. Media like Fox continue (at least outwardly facing), to cast doubts on the validity of the 2020 election. So they are just stoking accusations of fraud.
Even if,
Dominion win their $1.6bn damages claim against Fox due to be heard later this year,
Substantial punitive damages were also awarded, and
Murdoch and his fellow directors were sued by shareholders for breach of their responsibilities,
the continuous feed of "the big lie" through various forms, are likely to have sown the seeds of doubt for a very long time to come.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

ebikeerwidnes

There may not be an upside to trump - but I am increasingly worried that he might just stand - and win the nomination

If he stands as the GOP candidate then I reckon anything could happen

• Sad
Reactions: C R

albion

Veteran
Trump was aligning himself with despots. That is far more dangerous, especially for Europe.

Top Bottom