War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Even his views about those inconvenient Uyghurs? Nothing to see here, move on.
So the reporter brings up Chinas human rights record... the Uyghurs.Its horrific, but a reason to go to war? Australia and their allies are also guilty of human rights abuses Offshore detention,Millions dead in the Iraq war,you get my point ? It's a long list.
But we should take everything he says with a pinch of salt.He questioned the idea of Is China a threat to Australian If so, how?
But you question that and the level of journalism in Australia and your a paid up commie.

multitool

Shaman
So the reporter brings up Chinas human rights record... the Uyghurs.Its horrific, but a reason to go to war? Australia and their allies are also guilty of human rights abuses Offshore detention,Millions dead in the Iraq war,you get my point ? It's a long list.
But we should take everything he says with a pinch of salt.He questioned the idea of Is China a threat to Australian If so, how?
But you question that and the level of journalism in Australia and your a paid up commie.

FrVJTiHWAAEs30g.jpeg.jpg

stowie

From the article
Keating is a noted dove towards China. He has previously labelled Taiwan “not a vital Australian interest” but rather a “civil matter” for China.

Anyone who truly believes this cannot have been paying any attention to Taiwan's role in the global manufacturing economy.

Reactions: C R

Rusty Nails

Country Member

All politicians’ views should be taken with a pinch of salt, especially when they have had a financial relationship with one of the parties.

Some of what he says might be true but his principles, motivation and arguments are weakened by his blindness to the crimes within China.

No one here has called you a paid up commie, and you are seeing reds under the bed. Communism always fails and China is no longer a communist state despite calling themselves the People’s Republic.

stowie

China sees the Ukraine war as shaking up many national interests which presents opportunities and threats to China.

However the Ukraine war ends up, Russia won't be coming out a global winner. The break with the West is not short term, Europe will not go back to dependence on Russia for oil and gas, sanctions won't be lifted entirely whilst Russia's forces are in Ukraine. China has a big demand for fossil fuels, most of which go through the Malacca Strait which is ringed by countries which are not China's allies. Russian oil and gas helps with this problem and are selling at a low price to China to boot. China has a massive water issue in the most populated areas of the country - Russia has the biggest freshwater lake in the world within pipeline distance. In short Northern China has a huge population with few natural resources and Eastern Russia has a tiny population with massive resources.

China has always contested Russia's Primorsky Krai region and never accepted the ceding of Manchuria. Russia has always had challenges defending the area plus it is home to arguably the most important strategic port for Russia. I imagine China has one eye on the negotiating power that might be achieved if China is almost the sole consumer of the only goods that keep Russia from imploding economically. China has already extended influence on their western border within countries that are traditionally highly aligned to Russia. Russia's weakness will be an opportunity for China to increase their influence on critical borders.

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 49

Shock, Horror. Other countries than the UK have irresponsible, sensationalist newspapers. Ooderthortit.
But you dismissed Keating for calling it out ?
As you say nothing to see here,take his views with a pinch of salt.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
But you dismissed Keating for calling it out ?
As you say nothing to see here,take his views with a pinch of salt.

I have not dismissed everything he called out, just questioned the motivation and principles behind that calling out.

By posting it you, without caveat, you seem to be endorsing it, although I doubt you would share his views over the Uyghurs' treatment.

D

Deleted member 49

I have not dismissed everything he called out, just questioned the motivation and principles behind that calling out.

By posting it you, without caveat, you seem to be endorsing it, although I doubt you would share his views over the Uyghurs' treatment.
Endorsing it lol.I posted the front pages on Monday...I see a lot of anti Chinese propaganda about the west being at war with China.I think it's lazy, dangerous journalism.I mean I also posted about China brokering peace between Saudi and Iran...seems like not such a big deal... effectively ending the Yemen war ?

View: https://twitter.com/Faytuks/status/1636311276656680963?t=dyBS_A7NGS72tdbKJKEfDw&s=19

Top Bottom