What is a “Bike Nonce”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
When the solicitor's letter arrives I'm pretty sure Barton will go down the it-was-a-bit-of-harmless-banter road. Doesn't really wash when it's accusations of paedophilia towards a man in the public eye, given what we know now both about Harris and also how ruinous such unfounded rumours can be.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
When the solicitor's letter arrives I'm pretty sure Barton will go down the it-was-a-bit-of-harmless-banter road. Doesn't really wash when it's accusations of paedophilia towards a man in the public eye, given what we know now both about Harris and also how ruinous such unfounded rumours can be.

I agree with you.
But does anyone, including Barton, actually think Vine is a sex offender?

I think the attack by Foxy against the two gay men was worse, as gay men often get conflated with sex offending.

If Barton has any sense he will apologise and settle out of court.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
No, and I also think Barton could get away with the 'I'm just a thicko jack the lad having a bit of banter' in a way that Fox can't. You're right that Fox was worse because people are more likely to believe it of 2 gay men they've never heard of than of Jeremy Vine.

It's one of the nastiest things you can say to a man though and because we now know that the likes of Saville and Harris offended in plain sight these type of playground slurs perhaps carry more weight, and consequently personal upset, than they once might.

Barton is a lot dimmer than Fox but I'd be surprised if he has the money or stomach for a court case. He has the mentality of a teenager so it's probably just a question of how embarrassing the apology is going to be.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
No, and I also think Barton could get away with the 'I'm just a thicko jack the lad having a bit of banter' in a way that Fox can't. You're right that Fox was worse because people are more likely to believe it of 2 gay men they've never heard of than of Jeremy Vine.

It's one of the nastiest things you can say to a man though and because we now know that the likes of Saville and Harris offended in plain sight these type of playground slurs perhaps carry more weight, and consequently personal upset, than they once might.

Barton is a lot dimmer than Fox but I'd be surprised if he has the money or stomach for a court case. He has the mentality of a teenager so it's probably just a question of how embarrassing the apology is going to be.

There's a lot to unpack here.

D

Deleted member 121

Looks like his "Uniting Behind Joey Barton against Jeremy Vine" gofundme is going well. He's got 10% of his £100000 target.

There doesn't appear to be much appetite for funding Barton's fück ups....

Clearly not a distinguished member of the silent majority club.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I often wonder about who on Earth gives their hard earned money to these people

Not this bloke.

View: https://twitter.com/I_amMukhtar/status/1769079547780022385?t=B5Bfjdnfk0l7dQ2HdqedPA&s=19

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
On what grounds is he countersuing? The grounds of Vine saying 'Actually, I'm not a nonce'? Not sure what lesson this will teach JV.
Unless there's a firm of no win-no fee Sue, Grabbit, and Runne types willing to act I can't see many law firms taking this case on.

D

Deleted member 121

Something to do with vine saying Joey has a brain injury. It seems Joey isn't exactly proving that it isn't true, is he?

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Something to do with vine saying Joey has a brain injury. It seems Joey isn't exactly proving that it isn't true, is he?

I would have thought he would have had a good defence on that one, personally, it is not possible to injure something which does not exist, surely? ;)

Top Bottom