What is a “Bike Nonce”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Enough to sting quite a lot, I would have thought.
Neither is it potentially the end of the matter. In the judgement the judge referred to claims for misuse of private information and harassment, which at the time, were in an early stage and for which no defence had been filed.

What is the nature of the allegation of the misuse of private information?

The defamation and harassment claims are easy to follow, but I'm not aware of any misuse of private information allegation

Bazzer

The defamation and harassment claims are easy to follow, but I'm not aware of any misuse of private information allegation
I have no idea. I was surprised when reading the judgement at the time it was published, as I was unaware from the publicity of the case of there being a secondary issue. - As a general rule, the likes of Joey Barton are of little concern to me, but Mrs Justice Steyn referenced this early in her judgement.
Neither was it clear from her comments, who the defendant was.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Barton pays £75,000 in damages, plus legal fees.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cp33exz7xe1o

It sounds like this is not all that he'll have to pay. Vine has tweeted that there still needs to be a settlement for a further 5 tweets judged defamatory.

''The news of Joey Barton’s apology and commitment to pay damages and costs is not the final outcome of this case. After five defamatory tweets, my lawyer offered Barton a chance to settle: pay £75k, plus my costs, and make an apology. He ignored that offer and posted more disgusting tweets about me, even publishing my home address to his followers. When I then took my case to the High Court, a judge ruled that TEN of the tweets I complained of were defamatory. Having lost, Barton has returned to the offer we made after tweet 5. There has therefore been a parallel action on tweets 6-10 and Barton will pay further damages for these. A number of other steps — including statements made in Court by way of apology — are still to be taken, and Barton has agreed to pay my legal costs of all of the claims.''

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member

Does my post above answer the private information question?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

C R

Über Member
There are a lot of weird male supporters who still don’t like women pundits.
It was a novelty 10 years ago but now anyone who had an Issue with women pundits must have very little else to worry about.

I guess the poor chap is jealous of her success on and off the pitch.

Top Bottom