What to watch on Election Night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

We were going to have BBC on as usual and probably Sky on a laptop

plus maybe Channel 4 on another laptop

BUT
just found out that Jeremy Vine is fronting the BBC coverage
neither of us can stand him - so BBC is out in spite of us liking their experts and stuff

so it looks at the moment like Sky and Chennel 4 as backup

any thoughts

Beebo

Veteran
We were going to have BBC on as usual and probably Sky on a laptop

plus maybe Channel 4 on another laptop

BUT
just found out that Jeremy Vine is fronting the BBC coverage
neither of us can stand him - so BBC is out in spite of us liking their experts and stuff

so it looks at the moment like Sky and Chennel 4 as backup

any thoughts

I will watch the first hour on BBC to get the exit polls.

Then I will be listening to Andrew Marr on LBC. With headphones in bed until I fall asleep.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Won't waste my time watching any of the coverage. The result will be the same no matter whether I watch it or not.

Go to bed, wake up, see results, nothing changed, carry on with rest of day. :okay:

Quite.

My biggest concern is what is going to happen on here, I do hope the pundits will not suffer withdrawal trauma. NHS doesn’t need even more mental health patients.

Mr Celine

The General Election is a sport is it?

No, it's the means by which the UK electorate choose a member of parliament.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Might watch it for a bit, might not. I'm only really interested in how much of a majority Labour manage to get and whether Farage finally wins a seat at the 8th attempt.

Quite like the sport analogy though, it's a bit like watching a flat stage in the TdF, relatively boring, some interesting scenery along the way and then a bit of excitement at the end unless there's been a mad solo breakaway which somehow survives.

Beebo

Veteran
I understand both points of view.
You get some excitement from watching a sports game which you could get from the election.
But does anyone watch the lottery balls? Most people just look at the result the next day and realise you didn’t win the jackpot and life stays the same.

Mr Celine

So why are you speculating about my not being a sports fan on a thread that has nothing to do with sport?

Curious as to why you consider watching election coverage a waste of your time but telling us that fact apparently isn't.

And now I'm wondering if you believe your watching a sporting event can influence the outcome.

Top Bottom