What % will keep driving cars instead of feed their families?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tell you what, you park the van in the middle of the M25, and I'll let your tyres down while you're "not looking".

Jobs a good'un ;-)
The van is often parked in the middle of the M25 unfortunately.
Friday afternoons and Sunday evenings are great opportunities for you...

D

Deleted member 28

Our previous 3.8T frankia overcab only ever once hit above 24mg and that was cruise control at 56! Yep, aerodynamics matter as any cyclist kno....
Whilst it was 5* accommodation, I much prefer the nimbler camper which gets us to more special places....
What's @mjr opinion on this terrible activity?

You going to ask him why he goes around stopping people from 'breathing freely'?

I would ask him myself but I don't think he would see my question.;)

Not a word I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 28

Same thing as asked since last Thursday: why do you prevent people breathing freely without asthma caused by your jollies?
Missed it sorry,

I don't think the amount of driving/riding I do and the places I do it does have a massive impact on people breathing freely and if it does then I really don't care anyway.

You going to answer mine now?

matticus

Guru
Every forum should have a board called
"Answer the question!!!"
(it could be subtitled Paxman Memorial)

Whenever an argument turns into one-or-more members demanding that someone else answer a (usually pointless rhetorical) question which they clearly don't want to answer, we could move the whole thing there.

D

Deleted member 49

Every forum should have a board called
"Answer the question!!!"
(it could be subtitled Paxman Memorial)

Whenever an argument turns into one-or-more members demanding that someone else answer a (usually pointless rhetorical) question which they clearly don't want to answer, we could move the whole thing there.
Commonly knows as "who gives a feck" 🙄

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

I don't think the amount of driving/riding I do and the places I do it does have a massive impact on people breathing freely and if it does then I really don't care anyway.

You going to answer mine now?
Not while you keep avoiding the question by half-denying that your pollution makes a difference, rather like someone who thinks their farts don't smell, and then restating the same non-answer. I was already pretty sure that you don't care, but asked why.

D

Deleted member 28

Not while you keep avoiding the question by half-denying that your pollution makes a difference, rather like someone who thinks their farts don't smell, and then restating the same non-answer. I was already pretty sure that you don't care, but asked why.
I know we're all bored of this now but clearly I'm not understanding what answer you require?
If my contribution is detrimental to asthma sufferers then that's a shame but hey ho, I genuinely don't know what more I can say to you?
You clearly don't badger others like this in real life or else you would be avoided like the plague I would imagine.

I don't care because I don't think where I go and the amount I use them is that significant in my view, you can't prove me wrong because you don't know where I go, plus I put my needs before yours because as said already I see you as bitter and self pitying.

If the question is why do I use my vehicles for leisure it's because I want to, what else do you want?

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Perhaps we could roll credits on this dispiriting thread, while Mr Toad plays us out:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiReyaeittA

PaulB

One great advantage to the huge rise in petrol prices can now be seen on our roads for us cyclists. Yesterday for instance, on a warm and sunny Sunday, the roads were eerily empty of vehicular traffic in some places usually busy with cars which were nowhere to be seen.

mudsticks

Squire
One great advantage to the huge rise in petrol prices can now be seen on our roads for us cyclists. Yesterday for instance, on a warm and sunny Sunday, the roads were eerily empty of vehicular traffic in some places usually busy with cars which were nowhere to be seen.

Agree generally.
But the effects are not going to be felt evenly.

We now need a well thought through and affordable public transport system in place , so that everyone can afford days out to enjoy these sunny Sundays without always having to pile into a privately owned car .

(And for those not able or willing to cycle )

Electric car clubs seem to be catching on in my local city.

But there needs to be quite a few more yet to make using them the 'norm'.

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Absolutely not seen near the Norfolk coast yesterday. Loads of people driving all over the show. As bad as any spring day I recall. We really need more of the cycle routes gating to stop ratrunning. But on the plus side, lots of cyclists too and we are still mostly getting 1.5m at 30mph overtakes.

Top Bottom