What % will keep driving cars instead of feed their families?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Cos I think you try milking it and I don't really give a toss.
Happy?
No, you're still dodging the question by answering an unasked bit no-one (not even me) is interested in, while just repeating the previous non-answer.

But that's the same dead-end (excuse the pun) that we ended up when trying to understand your arse-about-face approach to covid, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised you keep avoiding the hard question.

D

Deleted member 28

No, you're still dodging the question by answering an unasked bit no-one (not even me) is interested in, while just repeating the previous non-answer.

But that's the same dead-end (excuse the pun) that we ended up when trying to understand your arse-about-face approach to covid, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised you keep avoiding the hard question.
Right then, WTF do you want to know?

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Answer my question regarding guilt tripping then,
No, after you answer mine.

I couldn't give a toss if you think me choosing to do what I enjoy is seen as rendering you incapable of functioning due to a disease you have. [...]
Again, that's nothing to do with it. My asthma is so mild that something else is almost certain to kill me first, but I know that others have it far worse and are likely to die if too many make your heartless choice.

D

Deleted member 28

Same thing as asked since last Thursday: why do you prevent people breathing freely without asthma caused by your jollies?
Because I want to and I think you're just looking for people to blame because you have a medical condition and feel sorry for yourself.
I doubt many on here agree I 'prevent you from breathing freely ' .

I think you're just a bitter sad person who's looking for other people to blame for the hand he's been dealt.

D

Deleted member 28

No, after you answer mine.

Again, that's nothing to do with it. My asthma is so mild that something else is almost certain to kill me first, but I know that others have it far worse and are likely to die if too many make your heartless choice.
You bleat on like this in real life with friends and family, how old are you?

mudsticks

Squire
I'm not familiar with this scale.
Is prostate cancer as funny, more funny, or less funny than respiratory disease?

I mean, are you paying me a compliment?

None of all that is in any way as hilarious as climate change though..

Which is already causing illness and disease, in addition to killing off other blameless species..

Someone should get on and write a lighthearted musical comedy about it all, instead of all this mithering on, trying to avoid disaster..

D

Deleted member 28

I'm not familiar with this scale.
Is prostate cancer as funny, more funny, or less funny than respiratory disease?

I mean, are you paying me a compliment?
I would put prostate cancer pretty low on the humorous scale, very much like yourself. 👍

D

Deleted member 28

None of all that is in any way as hilarious as climate change though..

Which is already causing illness and disease, in addition to killing off other blameless species..

Someone should get on and write a lighthearted musical comedy about it all, instead of all this mithering on, trying to avoid disaster..
Well that looks like a job for the wannabe lezzer.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Andy Burnham has announced that Greater Manchester's nationalised bus service will cap fares at £2....less than half what they were.Seems like a good move.
So if nationalising Manchester's buses can cut fares in half it makes you wonder what nationalising gas and electric would do 🙄

Depends on how it is being achieved surely? If the buses are already Nationalised where has all of the "excess" money being going up until now?, or, perhaps, the assumption is that running costs stay constant, and passenger numbers increase... we will have to see what happens, not that I live in Manchester.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Because I want to
Dodge dodge avoid...

and I think you're just looking for people to blame because you have a medical condition and feel sorry for yourself.
I doubt many on here agree I 'prevent you from breathing freely ' .

I think you're just a bitter sad person who's looking for other people to blame for the hand he's been dealt.
And distract with a big personal attack that's factually incorrect in several ways. Seldom is such frantic defensive batting away seen from an Englishman in the modern era.

D

Deleted member 49

Depends on how it is being achieved surely? If the buses are already Nationalised where has all of the "excess" money being going up until now?, or, perhaps, the assumption is that running costs stay constant, and passenger numbers increase... we will have to see what happens, not that I live in Manchester.

Private bus companies tried to stop Andy Burnham taking buses into public control.
It went to a judicial review.....
I'm not sure how satisfied you are with public transport ? To me it was pretty obvious that bus privatisation doesn't work.All of them after the profitable work which leaves many with no service or very little.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Private bus companies tried to stop Andy Burnham taking buses into public control.
It went to a judicial review.....
I'm not sure how satisfied you are with public transport ? To me it was pretty obvious that bus privatisation doesn't work.All of them after the profitable work which leaves many with no service or very little.

Personally, I am am very pleased with Public Transport, but... I understand that my circumstances are not everyone's circumstances:

1. I am retired, so, "free" bus pass, and, in the area I live, I can ride the Tyne-Wear Metro (unlimited off peak) for £12/year.

2. My house is well located for Metro and busses (admittedly, by accident, not design, I moved here 35 years ago, when Public Transport was not high on my agenda). Metro station, with a Metro every ten minutes is 0.8 miles away, say 15-20 minutes walk, I could get a bus to the metro station, if I was feeling particularly idle. Bus stop is 200 metres away, with bus every 20 minutes.

The above means my car virtually goes unused, roughly 2,000 miles per year, I only keep it because it is bought and paid for, so, the marginal cost of ownership is very low, and, it is useful for our weekly shopping trip, or for visiting daughter No 3, who does not live on a public transport route accessible to us. For just about everything else, we walk, cycle, or, use bus/metro.

Top Bottom