Who Cares...??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Virtually every thread you are involved in is sooner or later turned into an abusive diatribe against men. It's a big part of the reason the old NACA was closed down, and a big part of the reason only a fraction of the posters involved in the old NACA want to come here.
Not all threads.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
My point still stands that the met is a fecking discrace....
exactly, which is why I said.......
Oh, it goes without saying that the number is too high, and the number would be 0 in an ideal world. Just like, ideally, 0 female nurses would murder babies, but sadly as in the whole of society, the number is very unlikely ever to be 0. Some people take jobs because they offer access to the vulnerable, getting through an interview is easy enough if you are that way inclined. I am sure a quick trawl of the internet will find us looking at professionals from all walks of life doing terrible things.

My bad you actually said this....
1f644.png
But I also said this.....
I have been clear all through, one is too many, but no-one has been able to suggest how we screen out absolutely everyone who may be a risk to anyone else 100% of the time.
But you seem to only to be quoting things from a post of mine that fits your narrative.

Why is that I wonder, or maybe you are just a bad apple?

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Really, you honestly feel you spend more time posting about those things?

Maybe you'd like to do a spreadsheet* analysis, and get back to us.??

Do I suggest what topics you, or anyone else should post, or comment on.

As I said, I started this thread in good faith on an important and serious subject.

One that affects many many people, well over half the population, in fact.

Some people may find it interesting, or want to engage , others not so much.

If people don't want to discuss it, they can start, or join in on threads on any number of other subjects .

* You can also add columns for my new tractor, funny shaped vegetables, diversity in the countryside, general cycling but particularly touring, food, cats, tents, tubeless tyres, the trials and tribulations of train travel, lightweight camping gear, my love of mountains, and plenty more besides. :okay:

D

Deleted member 49

But you seem to only to be quoting things from a post of mine that fits your narrative.

Why is that I wonder, or maybe you are just a bad apple?
I quoted from your original post...you then changed your tone slightly as you knew you were wrong lol Or maybe you then tried to compare the police murderer to the nurse.
It's hard to keep up with you.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Aww Tbh , she's very unscarey looking.

That's the thing though isn't it .??

Looks all sweet n fwuffy on the outside...

Terrifying, underneath the fuzzy exterior :rolleyes:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I quoted from your original post...you then changed your tone slightly as you knew you were wrong lol Or maybe you then tried to compare the police murderer to the nurse.
It's hard to keep up with you.
Whatever.

I was wondering why the terrible kidnap, rape and murder of a woman by a police officer has led to multiple threads, hundreds of posts about male violence and posts long enough to give rise to a second internet. But the murder of up to 20 babies and young children by a young female nurse has not been mentioned anywhere until I did.

Is it because the overwhelming narrative in society is of violence by men towards women? Is it because currently nurses are held in high regard and we can't rock the boat? Is it because the uncomfortable story pushes against the current narrative? Or is there something else going on?

There have been lots of comment on how women can't trust the Police because of Couzens, maybe children shouldn't trust nurses because of Letby? Why is there a difference?

FishFright

Whatever.

I was wondering why the terrible kidnap, rape and murder of a woman by a police officer has led to multiple threads, hundreds of posts about male violence and posts long enough to give rise to a second internet. But the murder of up to 20 babies and young children by a young female nurse has not been mentioned anywhere until I did.

Is it because the overwhelming narrative in society is of violence by men towards women? Is it because currently nurses are held in high regard and we can't rock the boat? Is it because the uncomfortable story pushes against the current narrative? Or is there something else going on?

There have been lots of comment on how women can't trust the Police because of Couzens, maybe children shouldn't trust nurses because of Letby? Why is there a difference?

Did you read that before pressing post ?

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Whatever.

its in unbelievably poor taste to try to deflect attention from or diminish the importance of this subject by trying to draw false equivalence with a terrible crime against infants, a case which is under trial at the moment .

It's craven whataboutery done with no good intent whatsoever that I can see.

If a baby of mine had died in such a way, it would add to my grief if I thought his death was being used by some guy on the internet for the purposes of deflection like this.

I suggest you have a really good word with yourself.

As it happens yes there is overwhelmingly more violence , and fear of violence from men to women, than otherwise.

That needs tackling, somehow.

Trying to suggest anything else would be a nonsense.

Feel free not to read, or join in threads you're not interested in, length of posts notwithstanding.

Top Bottom