Who's next then?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
So what makes you think Wallace is any better ?

He appears to have a reasonable history without any blatant lying or self-promotion? He's a remainer. The only negative blot on his record that I have found thus far is a tendency to claim high expenses - which he has mitigated by pointing out that his constituency is very large compared to others.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 28

Sounds good to me.

D

Deleted member 49

He appears to have a reasonable history without any blatant lying or self-promotion? He's a remainer. The only negative blot on his record that I have found thus far is a tendency to claim high expenses - which he has mitigated by pointing out that his constituency is very large compared to others.
Sorry did you see my post above regarding him....not that I'm really interested if he was leave or remain to be honest,he'll change with the wind.He was allways anti EU to start with I think ?A big Johnson apologist whats not to like,I'm sure he'll carry on as normal.

icowden

Legendary Member
Sorry did you see my post above regarding him....not that I'm really interested if he was leave or remain to be honest,he'll change with the wind.He was allways anti EU to start with I think ?A big Johnson apologist whats not to like,I'm sure he'll carry on as normal.

I did see your post but compared to Johnson a bit of slightly exaggerating his history looks pretty good. HIs voting history isn't great on some issues but again, compared to Johnson he seems to stick to his position more often than not so at least you know where you are with him.

Then we have to look at the alternatives... Dorries, Patel, Raab, Sunak, Javid etc

I may revise my opinion once the new Private Eye has come out and given us the true picture of the front runners.

D

Deleted member 49

a bit of slightly exaggerating his history looks pretty good.
Lying....
. HIs voting history isn't great on some issues
What issues is he great on ?
Then we have to look at the alternatives... Dorries, Patel, Raab, Sunak, Javid etc
Spoilt for choices arent we 🙄
compared to Johnson he seems to stick to his position more often than not
Big Anti EU who then changed his position to remain....bit like Johnson ?

D

Deleted member 49

You could save yourself a lot of typing by just asking who he (@Adam4868 ) does like, if anyone.
I know it's hard to imagine for you....but I genuinely couldn't see myself warming to any of the Conservative candidates on offer.
Tough crowd to please me.... After 18 years of Thatcherism followed by 12 years of Blairism followed by another 12 years of Thatcherism again.You can surely understand my reluctance to join in.:rolleyes:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I know it's hard to imagine for you....but I genuinely couldn't see myself warming to any of the Conservative candidates on offer.
Tough crowd to please me.... After 18 years of Thatcherism followed by 12 years of Blairism followed by another 12 years of Thatcherism again.You can surely understand my reluctance to join in.:rolleyes:

You don't know what you have missed... without checking my crib notes (or Google), I can remember the joys of Macmillan ("you've never had it so good"); Alec Douglas-Home; Harold Wilson, twice, ("the pound in your pocket"); Sunny Jim ("winter of discontent"); Uncle Ted ... etc etc as you said. Boom... bust... boom... bust what fun we have had.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 28

We are trying to find the least worst here, rather than the best...

I thought it was a question on who people thought might be next, this is a left wing forum, predominantly, so there will never be a 'good Tory ' I guess?

Top Bottom