Will Smith. What a knobber. Discuss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Bad boys new film now stopped. Martin Lawerence will lose out now. Will Smith was a hero from my child hood but now we all know he’s just a complete knobber. Sometimes it happens with family too.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Martin Lawrence is hardly a saint.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
This is one of the sad consequences of stuff like this. Other people will be out of work too, many of whom won't be as well off as Martin Lawrence. When they (understandably) withdrew The Cosby Show from syndication a lot of actors who had small but regular parts in it lost the small but steady income that kept them going.

He's got off quite lightly with a ten year ban, in my view. I think he'll move into the production side of things for a while till he rehabilitates his reputation.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
What do you think the appropriate response from the Academy for assaulting someone live on stage should be? They didn't rescind his Oscar. He isn't banned for life. A fine would mean nothing, even if they are entitled to issue one.

It wasn't a spur of the moment backstage spat; at any point in that walk up to and across the stage Will Smith could have thought better of it and turned round. The only thing they can do is withhold recognition of his talent. He's already had a 30 year career, and I doubt this is the end of it. He'll have the obligatory period of reflection and then they'll start shooting Bad Boys 5 or whatever.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
What do you think the appropriate response from the Academy for assaulting someone live on stage should be? They didn't rescind his Oscar. He isn't banned for life. A fine would mean nothing, even if they are entitled to issue one.

It wasn't a spur of the moment backstage spat; at any point in that walk up to and across the stage Will Smith could have thought better of it and turned round. The only thing they can do is withhold recognition of his talent. He's already had a 30 year career, and I doubt this is the end of it. He'll have the obligatory period of reflection and then they'll start shooting Bad Boys 5 or whatever.
Honestly? I think it was a non-event and doesn't really warrant anything beyond a bit of an intake of breath for the viewer. If he'd actually hurt Rock I might get more judgy. I'm not keen on macho posturing, but people are behaving as if he's some kind of abuser, rather than someone who behaved like a bit of a twat to save face at a celebrity jamboree.

Milzy

Honestly? I think it was a non-event and doesn't really warrant anything beyond a bit of an intake of breath for the viewer. If he'd actually hurt Rock I might get more judgy. I'm not keen on macho posturing, but people are behaving as if he's some kind of abuser, rather than someone who behaved like a bit of a twat to save face at a celebrity jamboree.
Exactly, I can’t even believe people are still talking about it. Our government is stealing money of tax payers & nobody cares. Hunter Bidens lap top information will be leaked officially before long. Again nobody cares. A guy bitch slaps another guy on TV & it’s more shocking than the Kremlin’s antics in Ukraine.

mudsticks

Squire
Exactly, I can’t even believe people are still talking about it. Our government is stealing money of tax payers & nobody cares. Hunter Bidens lap top information will be leaked officially before long. Again nobody cares. A guy bitch slaps another guy on TV & it’s more shocking than the Kremlin’s antics in Ukraine.
Said nobody..

It was an interesting 'set piece' in terms of talking about poor taste humour, and appropriate / inappropriate responses, to that.

I don't think anyone sane thought it was more important than any national or global conflict, or governmental wrongdoing..

But it could still be used as to discuss social attitudes, which are also important.

It's almost as if we can discuss many matters at once - from interpersonal relations, to global ones..

Milzy

Said nobody..

It was an interesting 'set piece' in terms of talking about poor taste humour, and appropriate / inappropriate responses, to that.

I don't think anyone sane thought it was more important than any national or global conflict, or governmental wrongdoing..

But it could still be used as to discuss social attitudes, which are also important.

It's almost as if we can discuss many matters at once - from interpersonal relations, to global ones..
Quite. The average Brit are given just about enough freedom to be dumbed down. As long as they can go for a pub meal & take a picture of their food & drink to upload to Facebook then they’re happy.

mudsticks

Squire
Quite. The average Brit are given just about enough freedom to be dumbed down. As long as they can go for a pub meal & take a picture of their food & drink to upload to Facebook then they’re happy.
Is that the mean, median or mode 'average'..

Theres ample freedom of information, and freedom of thought in the UK

Use of critical thinking, information interpretation, and choosing to engage brain, maybe not as much as could be..

Still I guess the freedom to be ignorant , is a thing too 🤔

Ian H

Guru
Private Eye is having fun at Milzy's expense.

Top Bottom