Will Smith. What a knobber. Discuss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
It will do wonders for Chris Rock's career. He doesn't sound that nice a guy but I don't blame him for milking it for every penny. And not pressing charges gives him more kudos in the eyes of many people.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I don't think Chris Rock really needs anyone to help him out with his career, financially or otherwise.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I don't think Chris Rock really needs anyone to help him out with his career, financially or otherwise.
I've got time for Chris Rock. I think his career was pretty much sorted out with Bring The Pain twenty five years ago. I put it on again last night and I think it still stands up. There are a few bits which could maybe be interpreted a bit awkwardly but you have to take into account the audience it was intended for and the fact that he was performing to a very sympathetic crowd. He even covers violence, particularly domestic violence, and I think the show taken as a whole is a great commentary on mid 90s black America. I don't think he has since performed the 'racist black people' part again due to use of sensitive language but it's worth watching.

The most troublesome part is that it starts with a tribute montage of his influences, the first one being Bill Cosby...

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Rock wouldn't have known about Cosby's activities 25 years ago and he was a huge figure to young black comedians so I'm not surprised he cited him as an influence. I watched Rob Delaney's stand up show on Comedy Central last week. He recounts a back stage meeting with Cosby where he was thrilled to meet one of his heroes. Cosby ignored him and spent the whole encounter talking about Delaney's wife's breasts.

I see Louis CK has just won a Grammy. Perhaps Will Smith won't have long in the wilderness after all.

D

Deleted member 49

I see Louis CK has just won a Grammy. Perhaps Will Smith won't have long in the wilderness after all.
Every know and again I think I'll check out who someone is....I just did Louis CK and wish I hadn't bothered 🙄

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Louis CK masturbated in front of women without their consent. Hardly comparable to an onstage spat and some macho posturing between two rich blokes of similar status at a celebrity bash.

winjim

Louis CK used to pretty much constantly make jokes about masturbation. Bill Cosby gave interviews (and did routines?) where he talked about spiking women's drinks.

But on the other hand, Johnny Cash never really shot a man in Reno...

Ian H

Guru
Louis CK masturbated in front of women without their consent. Hardly comparable to an onstage spat and some macho posturing between two rich blokes of similar status at a celebrity bash.
Sticky palms and stains down his trousers. Who could resist?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Did he get a Grammy for that? Things are even worse than I thought

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member

I agree, Louis CK is far worse than Will Smith. My point is that it doesn't take long for celebrities to be rehabilitated back in to the entertainment industry regardless of what they have done. OJ Simpson being given the time of day to weigh in on the Will Smith debacle was another low point.

winjim

I agree, Louis CK is far worse than Will Smith. My point is that it doesn't take long for celebrities to be rehabilitated back in to the entertainment industry regardless of what they have done. OJ Simpson being given the time of day to weigh in on the Will Smith debacle was another low point.
Has OJ been rehabilitated or are people just reposting a twitter rant for lulz? See my first post in this thread to see how influential his OJ routine has been in people's perception of Chris Rock.

Top Bottom