Will Smith. What a knobber. Discuss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
AFAIK, This is not the first time Rock has taken a pop at Jada PS.
Maybe some lessons need to be learned the hard way...
Rock was waaaaay out of order here.
I'd have more than slapped-him....
It's a shame. I've generally got time for Chris Rock, his early stuff was good and I still occasionally rewatch Bring The Pain. And everybody seems to agree that Will Smith is a decent bloke, despite his utter cheesiness and shoot music.

The bloke with the twitter handle @willsmith is having a fun day though.

View: https://twitter.com/willsmith/status/1508281805413097475?t=C0-mdyBWmby3jk69T15yYA&s=19

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I'd have more than slapped-him....
What would you have done to him?

Milzy

Maybe he is a nice guy. He’s certainly cultivated a nice guy persona.
But he didn’t look very nice last night, and resorting to violence is a terrible image to portray. His anger and shouting was a terrible look. He’s gone down hugely in my estimation. (Which I’m sure he’s very worried about)
Mini break down. Still defending his wife is honourable.

Milzy

At first I thought it was staged. Then when he sat back down his rage wasn’t acting. It was only a girl slap. I stand with Will Smith.

mudsticks

Squire
Nice one guys..

Overshadowing the first Oscar for a deaf man, and for an openly queer woman of colour

Making fun of other people's appearance, esp if they can't help it, very unfunny..

Punching / slapping people in retaliation, also deeply uncool.

Saying 'love' makes you lash out , is a very old excuse for DV too.

Maybe time to grow up , and check your priveleges..

You can do better - a lot better.

Nice one guys..

Overshadowing the first Oscar for a deaf man, and for an openly queer woman of colour

Making fun of other people's appearance, esp if they can't help it, very unfunny..

Punching / slapping people in retaliation, also deeply uncool.

Saying 'love' makes you lash out , is a very old excuse for DV too.

Maybe time to grow up , and check your priveleges..

You can do better - a lot better.

I think this is one of those moments that arise every so often, where we should all draw breath and ask ourselves if we could all do just a bit better.
Rock and his scriptwriters certainly should have.
I have some empathy for Smith here.

Maybe it's also an opportunity for the Oscars 'ceremony' to decide what it's actual purpose is....

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I think this is one of those moments that arise every so often, where we should all draw breath and ask ourselves if we could all do just a bit better.
Rock and his scriptwriters certainly should have.
I have some empathy for Smith here.

Maybe it's also an opportunity for the Oscars 'ceremony' to decide what it's actual purpose is....

It is always possible to do better

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I agree that the fashion for the celebrity roasting will now hopefully come to an end
It's a weird sort of punching down that I guess they think works because everyone is relatively well off at these things but I don't think it comes across at all well.

Does anyone here actually watch the Oscars? Storm in a teacup for me.
TBH I wasn't even aware they were happening until I saw a clip last night of Sean Penn offering to melt his trophy down for Ukraine or something. But I haven't even been to the cinema this year or last.

I wonder what would have happened if Ricky Gervais had still been hosting it and he would have made that remark?
James Acaster might have got some material out of it.

Top Bottom