Will Smith. What a knobber. Discuss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

TBH I wasn't even aware they were happening until I saw a clip last night of Sean Penn offering to melt his trophy down for Ukraine or something. But I haven't even been to the cinema this year or last.
I watch films....but I'd avoid the showbiz glitz like the plague !
Kids showed me the video of it tonight and I cringed...id say it was set up,pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Nice one guys..

Overshadowing the first Oscar for a deaf man, and for an openly queer woman of colour

Making fun of other people's appearance, esp if they can't help it, very unfunny..

Punching / slapping people in retaliation, also deeply uncool.

Saying 'love' makes you lash out , is a very old excuse for DV too.

Maybe time to grow up , and check your priveleges..

You can do better - a lot better.
It is one of those actions that cannot really be condoned but I must say I understand it.

When my wife came out of hospital after nine months of suffering from leukaemia and sepsis she had lost her hair and had to use a wheelchair to get around. It took her a long time to pluck up the courage to go out to the supermarket for the first time.
We parked in the mother and toddler parking spots because the disabled ones were full and, before I got the wheelchair out of the back another driver came up and said it was disgusting that people like us used parking spaces designed for parents and toddlers. My wife was so upset she said the wanted to go home.
I am not a violent person by any means, but I admit to seeing red, telling him exactly what I thought of him and it wouldn't have taken much to give him a slap if he hadn't backed down after his wife had a go at him.
It would have been wrong of me but after seeing the hard time my wife had had I can understand exactly where Will Smith came from.

Stars have human weaknesses just like the rest of us. We can all do better, but sometimes we don't. Hopefully we learn from it.

I spoke to the supermarket manager later and he told me that the driver was totally out of order and that disabled people have priority over parent/toddler if spaces are limited.

Milzy

Will is under domestic abuse conditions from that evil women. He is been gaslighted & played like a puppet. He needs to leave her.

mudsticks

Squire
It is one of those actions that cannot really be condoned but I must say I understand it.

When my wife came out of hospital after nine months of suffering from leukaemia and sepsis she had lost her hair and had to use a wheelchair to get around. It took her a long time to pluck up the courage to go out to the supermarket for the first time.
We parked in the mother and toddler parking spots because the disabled ones were full and, before I got the wheelchair out of the back another driver came up and said it was disgusting that people like us used parking spaces designed for parents and toddlers. My wife was so upset she said the wanted to go home.
I am not a violent person by any means, but I admit to seeing red, telling him exactly what I thought of him and it wouldn't have taken much to give him a slap if he hadn't backed down after his wife had a go at him.
It would have been wrong of me but after seeing the hard time my wife had had I can understand exactly where Will Smith came from.

Stars have human weaknesses just like the rest of us. We can all do better, but sometimes we don't. Hopefully we learn from it.

I spoke to the supermarket manager later and he told me that the driver was totally out of order and that disabled people have priority over parent/toddler if spaces are limited.

Hope your wife is all better now.
Your supermarket guy sounds like a proper @rrs.

Thing is you didn't clonk him one, despite feeling like it

All of us feel like battering each other from time to time

The thing is you didn't.

And Smith did

Sure he was understandably hurt on his wife's behalf, but he was on public show, in a public place, he's an actor and I guess some kind of role model to some..

He should have all kinds of dignified yet effective retorts, available to him..

Even when faced with the deeply unclassy prospect of another man, punching down on his wife's condition..

LA police dusted Chris Rock's face.

They've found fresh prints.

mudsticks

Squire
Why should he? Should he - Will Smith - have more available than you or me?

Well you know being a professional in the public eye, being an actor with supposed resources of words and body language.

Having an 'image' to maintain, even having half an eye on being a role model to younger people.

That kind of thing.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
LA police dusted Chris Rock's face.

They've found fresh prints.
I told this joke to my wife over breakfast so she had to explain it to our 6yo and it got so convoluted that it turned into a conversation about Ukraine and distraction and masculinity and I don't think she even got close to explaining the punchline.

Just imagine trying to explain it to someone who has no idea what the Oscars are, who Will Smith is or what the Fresh Prince was and who may have a vague notion at best of the concept of dusting for prints and a rudimentary understanding of gender politics. In three minutes while rushing to eat breakfast and get ready for school.

matticus

Guru
Well you know being a professional in the public eye, being an actor with supposed resources of words and body language.
We all have resources of words and body language. I don't understand why his resources "should" be better than yours or mine.

Having an 'image' to maintain, even having half an eye on being a role model to younger people.
That suggests the "image" is a front. You're in favour of some sort of faked public persona?

matticus

Guru
I told this joke to my wife over breakfast so she had to explain it to our 6yo and it got so convoluted that it turned into a conversation about Ukraine and distraction and masculinity and I don't think she even got close to explaining the punchline.

Just imagine trying to explain it to someone who has no idea what the Oscars are, who Will Smith is or what the Fresh Prince was and who may have a vague notion at best of the concept of dusting for prints and a rudimentary understanding of gender politics. In three minutes while rushing to eat breakfast and get ready for school.
Did you also explain what "Cyclechat" is?

p.s. try the old version next time:
Q: How do you find Will Smith in the snow?
A: You look for fresh prints.

Top Bottom