Women's football success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Poacher

Regular
Yebbut they get the same money for only playing best of three sets instead of five, or something... er.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
We were there - the Wenglish contingent :hyper:

IMG-20220731-WA0015.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
Brilliant game, brilliant result, and I had a brilliant video call after the game with my friend's 2 young girls who now want to play football.
For me this tops it all, the inspiration and belief that team of women have given young girls all over the UK.

But really why do they have to go on about it.??

Can't they just totally win at the football, then go home quietly, and shut up about it, like nice modest girls would..??

They'll start getting ideas about themselves.

It's just 'success signalling'

Also must mention the comparison between the men's Euro final last year at Wembley and the family friendly carnival atmosphere for the women's final. No excessive drinking, drug taking, storming turnstiles, violence, booing national anthems etc. I know which game I would have preferred to attend, and not just for the result.
A massive, massive positive for the beautiful game.

mudsticks

Squire
Also must mention the comparison between the men's Euro final last year at Wembley and the family friendly carnival atmosphere for the women's final. No excessive drinking, drug taking, storming turnstiles, violence, booing national anthems etc. I know which game I would have preferred to attend, and not just for the result.
A massive, massive positive for the beautiful game.
This made me laugh..
Screenshot_20220801-074157.png

mudsticks

Squire
Jill Scott is my spirit animal.

Does she speak to you in those quiet moments??

What does she say Jim.??

Lor, look at me taking an interest in the football.:rolleyes:

I did watch the world cup final with the purple haired person, which was ok, but that will probably do for another decade or so..

Anyway up, well done everyone, grit, dedication, determination, teamwork etc etc all to be applauded..

Top Bottom