Women's football success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire

Just hope you're not internalising that message Jim..

That would be deeply unjust 😇

Could be dead handy against any debilitating inner critics though👍🏼

Also must mention the comparison between the men's Euro final last year at Wembley and the family friendly carnival atmosphere for the women's final. No excessive drinking, drug taking, storming turnstiles, violence, booing national anthems etc. I know which game I would have preferred to attend, and not just for the result.
A massive, massive positive for the beautiful game.

Yes I noticed that. There was the odd bit of booing when a german went down but for the most part it was very civilised. If only men's matches were like that. My ex stepson used to go to every plymouth home game with his grandad but he stopped going becasue the language and behaviour was so bad

Rusty Nails

Country Member
In an example of the growth in popularity of female football teams my next door neighbour seems to spend half of his spare time in the winter ferrying his 13 year old daughter to training sessions and football matches. There are still only a few girl's teams around so he has to travel further afield than he used to with his son's team.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Yes I noticed that. There was the odd bit of booing when a german went down but for the most part it was very civilised. If only men's matches were like that. My ex stepson used to go to every plymouth home game with his grandad but he stopped going becasue the language and behaviour was so bad

wait til the womens game grows and more money comes into it...it will soon change, it always does

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Epic achievement by the women's team, and yet Gary seems to think he's in a 1960's Carry On film.

FZEOg42XkAETwzg.jpeg

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Not a football fan (either men's or women's), but...

- pleased they won
- the Womens game is more entertaining to watch IMHO (less rolling about, dissent, let us hope it stays that way).
- Mrs @BoldonLad has suddenly become a football fan, and, a football pundit.
- a negative, will we now have twice as much football on TV?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Epic achievement by the women's team, and yet Gary seems to think he's in a 1960's Carry On film.

View attachment 1826

It was a bit daft and he has deleted it. What is funny are the number of people failing to grasp the context of his '22 women chase a ball' comment. Even I understood that reference and I'm not exactly a football fan.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
As a Russian oligarch and close friend of Putin, are we at the stage where the women's game might be the place to launder my blood billions?

Ian H

Guru
We watched the end of the game in Maidenhead (where else?) in the company of several soccer fanatics (E's friends really).
And, referencing another thread, passed the Reading Oracle on the train.

jowwy

- pleased they won
- the Womens game is more entertaining to watch IMHO (less rolling about, dissent, let us hope it stays that way).

:laugh::laugh::laugh:......englands keeper looked like she had been shot, when the german player didnt touch her, Jill scout got up and hurled abuse at player and ref, when wasnt even fouled...i could list more, but whats the point.

jowwy

- pleased they won

only as much as you want....theres other chanels and the off switch

Top Bottom