Women's football success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

Puts a lot of pressure on the men at the World Cup

they sort of have to win the damn thing - and even then would have to credit the women for the inspiration!!

we shall see!
(Germany in the final??)

Rusty Nails

Country Member
:laugh::laugh::laugh:......englands keeper looked like she had been shot, when the german player didnt touch her, Jill scout got up and hurled abuse at player and ref, when wasnt even fouled...i could list more, but whats the point.

That's just following the rules of the goalkeepers' union. She learns well.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
That's just following the rules of the goalkeepers' union. She learns well.

yet there was no rolling around or abuse according to the poster, i just provided two case of to which there were.

Cirrus

In an example of the growth in popularity of female football teams my next door neighbour seems to spend half of his spare time in the winter ferrying his 13 year old daughter to training sessions and football matches. There are still only a few girl's teams around so he has to travel further afield than he used to with his son's team.

We done the women's national team, a truly great result for them and hopefully women's football.

The fact that their performance has driven a big surge in enquiries for tickets for the WSL (3,000% increase I believe) is a good indicator that's it's caught the public's attention, they need to hold that attention and build upon it.

It would be great if they can grow the fan base and attendance numbers, the latest numbers I could find were for the 19/20 season, see the WSL, National League (Tier 5) and League 2 (Tier 4) below. I hope and expect these number to dramatically change for the positive....

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-frauen-womens-super-league-2019-2020/3/
WSL:

1659370565990.png

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-national-league-2019-2020/1/
National League:
1659370726382.png

For reference here's the league above the National League (League 2)
https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-two-2019-2020/3/
1659371068171.png

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

One of the things I have enjoyed about this is that the players are generally referred to as women, only heard one dinosaur call them girls.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
One of the things I have enjoyed about this is that the players are generally referred to as women, only heard one dinosaur call them girls.

Tbf it is not unusual to hear a manager, player or TV pundits refer to the boys or the lads when talking about Premiership football players.

Do the players in the womens' teams refer to their teammates as girls or women?

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Tbf it is not unusual to hear a manager, player or TV pundits refer to the boys or the lads when talking about Premiership football players.

Do the players in the womens' teams refer to their teammates as girls or women?

Wiegman has referred to the team as 'the girls' in interviews. As always, it's a context thang.

We were having a small housewarming BBQ and watched the second half and extra time. None of us particularly footie fans, but a comment a few made was that they are enjoying the women's game as more skilled and less cynical, but also seems to have a better 'vibe' to it.
I have to agree. I may be a convert.
Women's rugby is also a good watch.

I hope money doesn't taint women's football as it has the men's game.
Compare and contrast the Euro final with the LIV golf at Trumpy's golf pitch....

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
We were having a small housewarming BBQ and watched the second half and extra time. None of us particularly footie fans, but a comment a few made was that they are enjoying the women's game as more skilled and less cynical, but also seems to have a better 'vibe' to it.

Compare and contrast the Euro final with the LIV golf at Trumpy's golf pitch....

Indeed, I hope so too, but, I am not optimistic.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

So much bullshit in there its hard to comprehend……

Top Bottom