You just have to accept that you've been shafted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We need to tax the wealthy, the only problem with that is that someone in £75k with a mortgage and 2 kids isn’t feeling very wealthy at the moment. So who do you tax other than mega earners.

It’s not just about the tax collected, it’s what we allow them to spend it on that matters most.

D

Deleted member 121

People need to accept that they are poorer, says Huw Pill, who also said that "we're all worse off".

And the result?

Record number of people relying on food donations - BBC Link

D

Deleted member 28

Who exactly is the 'rich ' that should be paying more tax?

Isn't there someone on here living in Surrey with kids at private School?

Are they taxed enough, at what point are people considered 'rich'?

icowden

Legendary Member
Who exactly is the 'rich ' that should be paying more tax?
Isn't there someone on here living in Surrey with kids at private School?
You rang. Most of my daughters fees have been paid for via home equity release. That said my wife and I have good salaries. But then I pay £2k per month mortgage, about £500 on gas and electricity, £300 a month on council tax, then the home and contents insurance, broadband, mobile phones etc. I pay a lot of VAT and a good amount of income tax.

Are they taxed enough
Yes thanks.

at what point are people considered 'rich'?
IMHO when they can afford multiple cars,a nanny, a gardener, a private cinema and a multigym.

I would however embrace the idea that instead of having billionaires, we just declare that "You have won life" once you accrue say 50 million quid. I reckon I could get by for the rest of my life on 50 million quid. Anything after that goes to help people who need it.

Reactions: C R

Rusty Nails

Country Member
You rang. Most of my daughters fees have been paid for via home equity release. That said my wife and I have good salaries. But then I pay £2k per month mortgage, about £500 on gas and electricity, £300 a month on council tax, then the home and contents insurance, broadband, mobile phones etc. I pay a lot of VAT and a good amount of income tax.

Yes thanks.

IMHO when they can afford multiple cars,a nanny, a gardener, a private cinema and a multigym.

I would however embrace the idea that instead of having billionaires, we just declare that "You have won life" once you accrue say 50 million quid. I reckon I could get by for the rest of my life on 50 million quid. Anything after that goes to help people who need it.

If we are talking about how much you need to "get by" then you could live on a lot less than £50 million.

Top Bottom