Anyone got any fuel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

I was driving past a Tesco store today and noticed that there were no queues at all so popped in and filled the Yeti up.

We are driving to north London next week to see my daughter/ and granddaughter with some belated birthday presents and a reconditioned, slightly larger balance bike as kids seem to grow like weeds these days. Probably unnecessarily concerned, but there and back takes less than a full tank, I didn't want to take any chances with the fuel stations, and it is unlikely I will need to drive it before that trip.
Congratulations on your successful panic buy. ;)

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Congratulations on your successful panic buy. ;)
Thanks, although it was more an opportunist buy as I still had just under half a tank left. :okay:

A week's non driving versus a guaranteed trip to see my family. I'll take that any day as I hear the queuing is more of a problem around London than here.

Public transport Cardiff to N. London is a no-no given the cost and amount of stuff we are taking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

No queue at the petrol station on my way home from work....diesel available !
Downside 144.9p a litre 😲
Robbing barstewards .

D

Deleted member 28

I assume all the people who wanted to have their cars sat on the drive with full tanks have done and it's now back to people who need it on a regular basis.

Archie_tect

If everyone got on their bikes and stopped driving about the price would soon go down to lockdown levels... but then silly people would drive aimlessly around to use up the expensive stuff so they can refill with the cheap stuff.

D

Deleted member 28

If everyone got on their bikes and stopped driving about the price would soon go down to lockdown levels... but then silly people would drive aimlessly around to use up the expensive stuff so they can refill with the cheap stuff.
Some of my jobs are 70 miles from home and I carry a van full of rigging kit, we don't all work in one place you know.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Driving back from Heathrow tonight, passed 21 petrol stations, one open with long tailbacks blocking the A2 and one with petrol only.

Not be going to see new Granddaughter this weekend :-(

mjr

You are not one of the silly people shep- you have a job to do!
He is silly to object to encouraging people to cycle. Maybe he cannot, but if those who can do, then half the cars would be gone and his less avoidable journeys become easier.

Top Bottom