Anyone got any fuel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
How am I going to get to Bishop Auckland for my eye test?

Sadly that's a question that only a special advisor can answer .. :sad:

Drove from the New Forest to Northampton yesterday. Enough fuel in tank to get us home with an approx 100 mile reserve comparing the car's range with the miles to go countdown on satnav.

No fuel at M27 services. At Sutton Scotney diesel ran out while we were in the queue. £45 worth at Chievley got us sorted.

Southbound A34 closed for many miles after the M4 due to an overturned lorry. Been there long enough for all the trapped traffic to be evacuated. Not sure how long our 100 mile reserve would have lasted in a creeping queue or a long and slow diversion.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Yet some of the fluff I extracted from my navel this morning was neither blue nor grey.
Any ideas anyone?
I've been listening to the traffic bulletins on R2 but they're not covering it.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Over the old stone bridge every day into my nearest - and bypassed - market town (pop. @15,000) pass some 21.5K vehicles moving back and forth between them 60,000 to 80,000 empty seats.
That's about 48 full jumbo jets and 150 empty jumbo jets worth of seats.

These grand and fatal movements toward death: ...
... the
Disastrous rhythm, the heavy and mobile masses, the dance of the
Dream-led masses down the dark mountain.

— Robinson Jeffers, 1935

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
There were 2 cars abandoned in mid lane on my wander over to Peckham just now. Of course, it could be any number of technical or mechanical issues but my money's on driving cars dry.

mjr

Not sure how long our 100 mile reserve would have lasted in a creeping queue or a long and slow diversion.
A long and slow detour would probably increase range as long as you could get into a high gear. Stop-start would deal with most of a creeping queue but not all.

D

Deleted member 28

He is silly to object to encouraging people to cycle. Maybe he cannot, but if those who can do, then half the cars would be gone and his less avoidable journeys become easier.
Did I? Where did I do that then?

Milzy

Is there going to be an; “I know we told you to f**# off back to your own country a while ago but, can you give up your full-time permanent job to come over here and work for minimum wage for three months, to save Christmas for us and make the blonde bombsite look good and then, f**# off again on Christmas Eve?” 😂

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Is there going to be an; “I know we told you to f**# off back to your own country a while ago but, can you give up your full-time permanent job to come over here and work for minimum wage for three months, to save Christmas for us and make the blonde bombsite look good and then, f**# off again on Christmas Eve?” 😂
Probably ;)

mudsticks

Squire

There has been already.

And quite understandably, two fingers have been raised in salute , by many workers and drivers.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Amazing.
The irony, to keep the country moving we need the very people some voted to be kept out.
Perhaps Leave voters should be denied fuel delivered by Army drivers or overseas workers, in fact add food and drink to the list too. What next visas for overseas care workers?

mudsticks

Squire
Amazing.
The irony, to keep the country moving we need the very people some voted to be kept out.
Perhaps Leave voters should be denied fuel delivered by Army drivers or overseas workers, in fact add food and drink to the list too. What next visas for overseas care workers?

The whole thing is like a poorly written farce.

Only we're living inside it.

But hey they're still 'doing their best' right ??

OK, better crack on with some harvesting, with my team I guess.

Top Bottom