Big brother Tesla

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/electric-vehicles-consumer-reports-reliability-report/

Reminds me a little bit of Audi junk. Nowhere to be seen.
The more you pay, the more you 'persevere'.

CXRAndy

Veteran
I can only comment on my own vehicles, but they have been overall very good re faults. A couple of minor issues, nearly 100,000 miles combined across the vehicles, so fair amount of use.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
The issue that I have with this "reliability" report is that a) It's US only. b) Reliability is never actually defined (possibly it is if you are a member). AFAIK the "reliability" issues with EVs tend to be minor things that are easily fixed. They seldom break down due to mechanical failure unlike ICE and Hybrid.

"Reliability is never actually defined.
They seldom break down."

Notice anything?

icowden

Legendary Member
"Reliability is never actually defined.
They seldom break down."

Notice anything?

Nope. My point was is that something like 95% of Tesla's "reliability issues" are just software updates and fixed over the air. They don't require you to go to a garage and pay a mechanic to root about in the engine for an hour.

It's like saying that an abacus is far more reliable than an AI powered calculator. It's not a useful measure of whether the car is actually good.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
My car's done 200k miles (it really has). Most of them pushed.

CXRAndy

Veteran
So the FSD is reliable?
ROFL.

Killer junk.

I have FSD, as much as the UK government will allow. I got most of the system cheap on purchasing the car, paid for HW 3 to be installed which does make a big difference in processing power. It's a waste of money in what it can do over standard autopilot currently

Tesla configures standard on all vehicles is very good at being an extra set of sensors for driving.

I live in the hope full autopilot will be allowed in the UK

icowden

Legendary Member
FSD kills. And very unreliable hype fraud ensures even more deaths.

Utter ballcocks. FSD has been proven to be significantly safer than human drivers. Humans kill. Most Tesla deaths do not involve FSD or autopilot. There have been 46 in total since 2013 which involved Autopilot or FSD and the vast majority of those are stupid people who removed their hands from the wheel and stopped paying attention or indirect deaths following an FSD crash.

CXRAndy

Veteran
Utter ballcocks. FSD has been proven to be significantly safer than human drivers. Humans kill. Most Tesla deaths do not involve FSD or autopilot. There have been 46 in total since 2013 which involved Autopilot or FSD and the vast majority of those are stupid people who removed their hands from the wheel and stopped paying attention or indirect deaths following an FSD crash.

The autopilot works and safety systems work very well. Just yesterday, the car detected the traffic slowing down rapidly and alerted me. I was ok with plenty of distance to come to a full stop from 70mph but the car had spotted the gap closing faster than I had

Top Bottom